Executive Assistant, Peacock
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
Executive Assistant, Peacock
The Executive Assistant, Peacock is a full-time position in NBCUniversal's Peacock team and will provide administrative support to the Chairman, Peacock. The ideal candidate for this position has exemplary planning and time management skills and can organize and manage calendars, keeping scheduling operations running smoothly and efficiently. This individual will also be instrumental in helping to develop and manage team building and engagement activities. This position has visibility to the NBCU Executive Leadership team. Poise, articulate and professional communications are required.
• Responsible for proactively managing/coordinating daily schedule/calendar, contacts, travel arrangements, meetings (internal and external), conferences, and seminars• Arranges and schedules numerous meetings; maintain and update calendar; determines importance of meeting requests and schedule accordingly; demonstrate flexibility, patience and persistence in routinely rescheduling meetings• Serves as first-line of defense with the high volume of communications of phone and email• Arranges travel and all accommodations including comprehensive and detailed itineraries• Process reimbursement and expense reports in accordance with established policy guidelines; track expenses and follow-up in timely manner• Provides a bridge for smooth communication; demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff• Responsible for excellence in complex meeting/event preparation (AV, room scheduling, telepresence events, etc.), set-up, and follow-up including preparingpresentations/agendas/materials, documenting notes, and coordinating follow-up items to completion, arranging for food/drink • Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding employees and consultants, including hardware installation request/repair, space planning, etc.• Manages general office and administrative tasks, including ordering of miscellaneous supplies, renewing memberships and subscriptions, managing distribution lists, photocopying, faxing, deliveries, etc.• Manage department files, including electronic document systems, intranet web sites, wikis, and web-based project management tools• Creates and edits presentations, agendas, spreadsheets, communications, databases, and reports• Prioritize and track deliverables, manage project timelines, deadlines and requests• Participate in meetings, take notes and disseminate information to relevant stakeholders, including weekly email updates• Responsible for drafting and editing correspondence• Manages special projects as designated and assist other department members as necessary and acts as back up for other assistants on team• Perform other duties as assigned and assist with special projects as needed.• Work with the London counterparts on any necessary tasks.
• Previous experience maintaining executive’s phone, calendar, work and travel schedules using Microsoft Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills, including a professional phone manner and in-person presence
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint
• Ability to work and maintain confidential information
• Experience taking detailed notes and extracting action items
• Ability to understand priorities and adjust meetings and content appropriately
• Self-starter, who is organized with strong decision-making capability, ability to follow through without supervision and strong emotional maturity
• Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
• Superior organizational and administrative skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Must have professional polish and ability to interface with high level executives
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.