Senior Product Manager
- Full Time
Cox Automotive has the one of a kind opportunity for an experienced Senior Product Manager. Our new Senior Product Manager will have end-to-end Product Innovation experience and a fiery passion to collaborate
with their Director and shape a, from the ground up, Scrum team. Their Scrum team will be focused on researching and developing new product ideas into strong Proof of Concepts for other eager engineering teams to bring to market. If this sounds exciting to you, you maybe the Senior Product Manager we are looking for to join our Digital Retailing team in Atlanta, GA.
Have you worked on innovative product experiences? Are you looking to change an entire industry by solving key consumer problems and delivering connected client experiences for car dealerships everywhere? We are looking for someone with Automotive retail experience who knows what it takes to make our online digital transaction be as easy as having your groceries delivered to your door. The candidate will have deep knowledge of Automotive and eCommerce trends, prior experience contributing to and managing a product roadmap, and working in an agile environment with cross-functional teams who work together.
The Senior Product Manager is a hard working, intelligent problem solver that has a strong natural curiosity for answering consumer questions & meeting customer’s needs. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for overall product success as measured by consumer & customer satisfaction / loyalty, revenue growth (short and long-term), adoption and product performance. Senior Product Managers travel as needed to spend time with consumers, clients & Cox Automotive business units to develop a keen understanding of consumer & consumer needs and cross business unit
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. The Accelerate Digital Retailing products we create are designed to give a car buyer the ability to complete the entire vehicle purchase online making it easier to make car purchase decisions and save time and stress throughout the buying process. The shopping experience starts with the powerful dealer websites and vehicle listing experiences on Autotrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, and Dealer.com dealership websites including OEM and nearly anywhere a dealership advertises their vehicles.
- Support the Digital Retailing product roadmap by working with stakeholders to identify and deliver new product features which drive revenue and customer adoption at market scale.
- Manage and execute on our product strategy, perform deep customer discovery, and validate the market segment of the online retail transaction within Automotive.
- Research and investigate legal, regulatory, compliance and technology solutions which support the go to market capabilities we offer.
- Define, communicate and prioritize business needs with Technology team members to create a shared vision for the product roadmap and our desired productfunctionality.
- Manage sprint releases from product definition and planning through operational implementations and releases with a focus on the minimum viable product.
- Develop detailed client facing documentation that supports the what, why, and how we accomplish our goals.
- Monitor and report on the product and feature performance in order to make valuable improvements based on data-based decision making and lean analytics.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and operations on the development of product positioning, demo design, training courses, sales collateral, etc. to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
What we look for:
- 6+ years of Product management experience in either:
- Consumer facing Enterprise software applications
- 4+ years of Retail Automotive or related B2B or B2C experience involving:
- Digital marketing
- Consumer experience
- Online payments
- Mobile applications
- Transactional experiences
- Experience and understanding of the automotive ecosystem including:
- Knowledge of the car buying process, including Leasing and F&I transactions
- Experience analyzing data, insights, and scorecards to optimize product development, prioritization and requirements.
- Experience developing opportunity assessments, investigative research, legal reviews, and business cases
- Experience guiding new teams to success as a Product Innovator
- Experience collaborating across multiple business groups with varying priorities
- Proven ability to develop new concepts and deliver detailed plans in a team-based environment.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.