Northwest Sales Manager
- Full Time
As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, and document the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About The Role
Inc. Media is looking for a motivated Media Sales Manager to represent the Inc. brand across all its platforms including digital, video, social, experiential, podcast and print. This role will be focused on brands and agencies throughout the Northwest Territory from San Francisco up through Seattle.
Our ideal candidate will have a hunter mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit like the business builders we cover daily across our various outlets. In this role, you will achieve your goals by getting your hands dirty, while having fun along the way.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Independently build a large pipeline of leads to drive RFPs and IOs
- Drive revenue growth by consistently prospecting, developing, closing and scaling a pipeline of successful advertiser accounts – across brand, agency and publisher media-buyers alike
- Develop relationships with prospective clients through in-person meetings, phone, email, social media, and professional networking events
- Work with sales planning and marketing teams to build and present proposals to your pipeline of new business prospects as well as Interact with the Account Management team to effectively manage client expectations, ensure successful campaign delivery and help set the expectation for future potential growth
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked.
- Prioritize and balance time invested toward low- and high-spend potential accounts
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience selling media with a focus on performance to brands and agencies (B2B experience preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated experience consistently meeting or exceeding target goals, hunting for deals, navigating organizational hierarchies and engaging VP and C-level executives to close business
- Acute business acumen, and an ability to present and communicate ideas/concepts effectively
- Experience in a lead generating / sales planning / sales position, preferably at a media company a huge plus
- Strong analytical skills to collect business intelligence by conversing with clients and monitoring/identifying trends in data and in generated reports
- Understanding of performance and branding campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.