The Viking, Penguin, Penguin Classics and Riverhead Books imprints at Penguin Random House are seeking two Marketing Assistants to join their innovative team! In this role, the Assistants will provide administrative support and aid in the creation of marketing materials and advertising campaigns. The ideal candidate possesses strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and miscellaneous interests, including but not limited to, the ability to communicate in emoji’s and GIFs.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Coordinating agendas and materials for marketing meetings, communicating with in-house departments (editorial, publicity, sales, etc.), and assisting with department mailings.
* Contributing original content to the Viking, Riverhead, Penguin, and Penguin Classics social media platforms and assisting with social media advertising.
* Maintaining record keeping for assigned titles and sales reports.
* Assisting with the development of marketing plans for assigned titles by observing timelines, creating original content and visuals, and promoting giveaway opportunities.
* Providing general administrative support to the SVP, Director of Marketing or Director of Marketing by maintaining and scheduling calendar appointments, submitting expense reports, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Strong interest in book publishing
* Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Working knowledge of social media
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, online marketing tools, and digital analytics a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.