Digital Producer/Multimedia Journalist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Report and create original articles and videos; gather original content from the local TV station’s newsroom and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines.
• Produce the homepage, main pages and subsections of the website and digital platforms.
• Produce multimedia assets including digital videos for social platforms.
• Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy created by Telemundo Local Media.
• Work with the digital team, as well as producers, editors and content experts at the local TV station, to publish stories onto the website and mobile platforms on a 24/7 schedule.
• Knowledge and experience using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and a passion for discovering the latest social tools.
• Experience actively engaging the community and reporting through social media.
• Perform MMJ duties for daily newscasts & special projects.
• At least 1-2 years’ experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
• Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills.
• Experience editing video, creating social videos and photo galleries.
• Must be able to work early morning, night and weekend hours when demanded by the group, breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English.
• Work overtime and on weekends.
• Must be willing to work from Phoenix, Arizona and able to travel when needed.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools.
• Experience with Adobe Premier and Photoshop preferred.
• Blogging, wire service, newspaper rewrite or 24-hour cable news background.
• Proficient in English and Spanish both written and verbal.
• Team player with a positive attitude and be available to work long hours, various schedules, late nights, weekends, and/or holidays, under tight deadline pressure.
• Willingness to work in high risk emergency situations (e.g., Monsoon).
• Excellent driving record.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.