The Jr. Publicist will publicize and promote NBC Sports Group programming in accordance with the overall strategy and brand positioning. ResponsibilitiesSupport day-to-day media relations for Premier League, Olympics and Olympic sports, Triple Crown Horse Racing, Cycling, NBC Sports Digital, SportsEngine, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, and other sports / properties.Assist communications team publicists and VPs to promote show content, initiatives, talent profiles for sports properties, including Premier League, Horse Racing, Cycling, Olympics, and NFL.Publicize NBC Sports’ audio offerings, including podcasts.Generate press materials, including press releases, talking points, bios, etc. Coordinate media interviews, photo shoots, and publicity opportunities.Must be available to watch/monitor weekend and nighttime events on a semi-regular basis.Pitch ideas and create promotional opportunities for properties and talent.Serve as a member of the NBC Sports Group Communications team and contribute to initiatives, PR campaigns, and events, as needed. Assist with maintaining press lists and the NBC Sports Group Press Box website.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum (2) two years working in public relations and/or Sports industry
- Submission of writing samples required
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for Sports
- Must be a team player
- Must be a self-starter, assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Must be detail-oriented, focused and organized
- Must be resourceful and be able to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, and relationship building skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high-energy environment, with capability to work within target deadlines
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience writing press releases a strong plus
- Experience using CisionPoint a strong plus
- Understanding of TV Sports industry, ratings, and processes a strong plus
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.