NBC Owned Television Stations is a looking for a Digital Director to lead digital strategy for LX, a new multi-platform news product and soon to be over-the-air network. The Digital Director will work closely with both the LX team and NBC Owned Television Stations division’s digital team to manage LX content on digital platforms, including the web, apps, social and OTT.
The Digital Director must be a natural collaborator, able to work effectively with LX storytellers, product managers and news director. S/he must have excellent editing, writing and organizational skills, and must have a firm grasp of how younger news consumers use existing and emerging platforms. The right candidate is a hands-on manager who has a clear strategy on how to tell stories on multiple platforms and knows how to engage resources throughout the division to execute on that strategy.
The Digital Director will:Manage editorial workflow for publishing content to digital platformsOversee a small but growing team of digital/social editorsProvide final review/approval of all assets published to digital platforms, including reviewing for accuracy, grammar, etc.Identify content performance trends and provide recommendations for promotion based on data analysis, specifically seeking areas for growth that will drive more editorial and video consumptionMonitor industry research & perform competitive analysis to inform strategy for email, push and socialWork with the research team to conduct studies that help gain insight into viewer behavior and usage patternsMaintain a digital content production schedule and communicate it throughout the divisionMonitor industry trends and innovations in cross-platform digital newsContribute to editorial content as neededBasic Qualifications
- B.A. in Journalism or related field
- At least 4 years professional experience in news or relevant editorial field
- Experience developing content for digital and/or over the top (OTT) platforms
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
- Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Strong understanding of social media and digital video consumption and audiences
- Eager to explore new ways of delivering content to our audience where they are and doing so in the most efficient way
- Understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, including current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple projects in a high-pressure environment
- Deep understanding of finding value in news content and effective ways to distribute it
- Experience in executing news strategy
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.