Publicist, Lifestyle Networks
Location: New York, New York
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Act as media strategist, campaign planner and spokesperson for assigned showsAid in development and execution of a comprehensive communications campaign to support assigned series and specials Develop positive relationships with the talent, producers, PR agencies and representatives, agents, managers, production staffs, media and programming executives in order to ensure maximum positive press coverageCoordinate print and electronic interviews and photo shootsGenerate press materials including ratings and programming releases, bios, captions, feature stories, talking points, story synopsis, pitch letters and correspondencePitch stories to trade and consumer press to support those releasesService daily media requests and act as network source of information on programsPromote, create and implement special promotional activities including publicity parties, press conferences and screeningsTrack budgets for different showsWork closely with teams at both networks to assure programming is positioned in the most favorable lightDevelop, plan and execute events
The Publicist will generate maximum, positive publicity coverage for the Lifestyle Networks (Bravo, Oxygen, Universal Kids & E!) targeting appropriate press/media outlets.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Must have minimum 2 years of experience in television/entertainment publicity
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related industry field
• Superior written and verbal communications skills
• Experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews
• Effective multi-tasker with the ability to juggle several series in various stages of development
• Strategic and critical thinker that can identify critical content and or talent issues to elevate in a timely manner
• Ability to develop interesting and unusual creative ideas to help set the networks apart in the press
• Solid organizational/creative skills, detail oriented, collaborative team player
• Ability and proven track record working with high profile talent, managers, producers and executives as well as positive media relationships
• Proactive self-starter with the ability to think big and innovate
• Some travel and weekend work required
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:52216BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.