- Full Time
Team: Office of the Chief Legal Officer
The Senior Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Associate General Counsel & Assistant Corporate Secretary and the Director, Board Affairs, in the Corporate Secretary’s Office (within the Office of the Chief Legal Officer), and for providing excellent customer support for all matters related to the PBS Board of Directors. In addition, the Senior Coordinator provides support to the Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary in matters related to the PBS Board of Directors. The Senior Coordinator is also responsible for providing support and assistance to other members of the Office of the Chief Legal Officer, as assigned.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
- Provide support to the Corporate Secretary’s office in activities relating to the PBS Board of Directors, including:
- Schedules all PBS Board and Committee meetings, including in-person meetings, teleconferences, and webinars; provides technical support/facilitation for meetings held by webinar or videoconference, as needed, and assists with logistics, including but not limited to room set up, catering, hotel and other travel arrangements, and attention to Board members' and staff’s needs.
- Schedules internal meetings among PBS staff with respect to Board matters.
- Communicates on a regular basis with PBS Management, PBS staff, PBS Board members, and station representatives, promptly and tactfully responding to requests.
- Works closely with the Director, Board Affairs, to prepare and coordinate distribution of PBS Board and committees meeting materials, as well as timelines for submission.
- In coordination with the Director, Board Affairs, updates the PBS Directors’ Handbook.
- Serves as the in-house point person for the electronic Board portal Diligent and as a resource to Board members and PBS senior staff using the portal, as needed.
- In coordination with the Director, Board Affairs, works with outside vendor to administer the annual electronic ballot for election of directors and coordinates the annual Board survey with PBS Research.
- Coordinates Board member attendance at the PBS Annual meeting, including registration and travel arrangements and provides Board member support, as needed.
- In coordination with the Director, Board Affairs, maintains and updates information related to the PBS Board and Committees, including the official corporate record meetings of the PBS Board and Committees; information distributed to the Board of Directors and PBS Member Stations; membership lists of the Board and its Committees; and access databases of the Board.
- Distributes and tracks annual conflicts of interest forms for PBS Board and PBS staff.
- Updates content on PBS websites related to the PBS Board and its members.
- Prepares and posts public meeting notices and, working with the Director, Board Affairs, maintains accurate records to document compliance with Open Meetings requirements.
- Provide support for department-related activities of the Corporate Secretary’s office, including:
- Maintains and monitors calendar of activities for the Corporate Secretary’s Office to ensure all required deadlines are met.
- Monitors Corporate Secretary communications; forwards, as appropriate, for response; and maintains records of the disposition of all communications.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring the Corporate Secretary Office's budget.
- Processes invoices for the Office of Corporate Secretary.
- Working with the Director, Board Affairs, coordinates preparation of materials for the annual PBS Corporate Meeting of the Members and provides on-site administrative support, as needed.
- Supports the PBS Foundation Assistant Corporate Secretary and the PBS Assistant Corporate Secretary with activities related to the PBS Foundation and other PBS subsidiaries, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Associate General Counsel & Assistant Corporate Secretary and the Director, Board Affairs, including scheduling of meetings, making travel arrangements, processing of expense reports, and other support as needed.
- Provide support for the Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary (“CLO”) and Senior Management in preparation for Board of Directors meetings, including compiling documentation, talking points and issue papers and organizing into a reference book.
- Provide administrative support for the Office of the Chief Legal Officer, as needed.
Requirements for success:
- Bachelor’s degree (in a related field strongly preferred).
- 5+ years of administrative experience in a corporate office setting.
- Experience scheduling high volume of meetings using meeting scheduling software (such as Doodle) a plus; travel arrangements and logistics.
- Experience supporting a Board of Directors strongly preferred; experience using Diligent (or other board portal) a plus.
- Legal support experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational skills: must be very detail-oriented.
- Flexibility and diplomacy, ability to use good judgment and provide excellent customer service in dealing with all levels of staff, Management, and external contacts.
- High degree of comfort using technology/technology-based resources.
- Strong proficiency with PC-based software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- High degree of initiative and ability to take charge/lead without close supervision.
- Team-oriented and able to work collaboratively and fill in where needed.
- Ability to plan, problem solve, and prioritize assignments as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work under time constraints and pressures.
- Integrity, trustworthiness, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities