4 days left
- Full Time
Are you a meticulous, deadline-driven editor on a crusade to transform clunky copy into persuasive prose? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment to create engaging content for a range of audiences and industries? Are you interested in helping brands increase their reach by telling their stories—not selling their products? Awesome. Come join our team.
Skyword is seeking an individual with 3-5 years of full-time, professional editorial experience to join our Content Services team in support of our clients’ content marketing programs. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented with exceptional developmental and copy editing skills, strong research skills, and the ability to assign and manage B2B and B2C content for a variety of clients using Chicago, AP and custom styles.
Note, while writers with relevant experience as mentioned above are welcomed to apply, this is not a copywriting position.
By joining Skyword, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a fast-growing organization with significant opportunity for advancement. This role would be connected to our Boston Office.
A little bit more about the role
The Editorial Manager is a highly organized and skilled editor experienced in working closely with writers to craft exceptional content. The Editorial Manager serves as an editorial consultant to clients, provides end-to-end oversight of the content production process on a range of content programs and works directly with freelance contributors to ensure the content delivered meets client expectations and supports each program’s strategic goals. In collaboration with Professional Services Managers, the Editorial Manager crafts content assignments for contributors and manages the fulfilment and scheduling of those assignments to hit internal and external deadlines. All content is reviewed, edited and managed using the company’s platform, Skyword360.
What you’ll be doing
- Performing an initial review and developmental assessment of all work submitted by contributors with the goal of ensuring that it is cohesive, meets all core requirements of the assignment summary, and, in substance, tells a story that is compelling, well-argued and on-brand
- Performing a final proofread of all fully edited content, ensuring that final delivered articles meet client requirements
- Communicating in a thorough and constructive manner with contributors regarding revisions, deadlines, program standards and client needs
- Familiarizing yourself with each client’s market to better understand target audience and the details of the subject matter being addressed in content
- Managing all contributor onboarding/offboarding and training conversations and initiatives
- Maintaining professional communication with team members regarding the status of content deliverables, content priorities and editorial quality
- Developing and maintaining a variety of editorial guidelines for each client program
- Building out thorough assignment summaries and managing assignment deadlines leveraging the Skyword 360 publishing calendar
- Tracking content as it moves through the editorial workflow, ensuring the timely completion of the editing process on each account
- Identifying ways to improve content quality and translating those ideas into actionable recommendations for clients
- Occasional domestic travel to our DC and Pittsburg office or specific event as needed.
What this role requires
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- Minimum of three year’s experience editing and at least one year working directly with contributors
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Expert knowledge of both The Chicago Manual of Style and the Associated Press Stylebook
- Experience supporting the production and delivery of time-sensitive written content
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively support concurrent projects and adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Superior communications skills when it comes to team, contributor or client conversations
- An editing test will be required of candidates
What we would like to see
- Ability to adapt to multiple editorial styles
- Experience editing and publishing within a CMS
- Exceptional understanding of what a writer needs to submit quality work
- Experience with online content
- Solid understanding of search engine optimization concepts and digital publishing best practices
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive market-based salary. Medical, dental, life, progressive parental leave, and disability insurance plans; equity; 401(k) plans with employer matching contribution; three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays; 10 sick days; 2 half day volunteer days; and an open, friendly work environment.
Founded in 2010, Skyword empowers today’s top brands to create unique content experiences that deliver customer value and drive business success. With its SaaS+ model, Skyword offers: a SaaS-based enterprise-level content marketing platform, industry-leading services, and a global community of storytellers. Today’s leading brands have created and published more than one million original stories as articles, videos, images, infographics, podcasts, and animations on Skyword360. These stories have earned Skyword customers more than two billion visits organically, and Skyword has paid its freelance creatives more than $30 million on behalf of its customers. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA. The company’s technology center is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Current investors include Rho Acceleration, Cox Media Group, Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, and American Public Media Group.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor