4 days left
- Full Time
Founded in 2010, Skyword empowers today’s top brands to create unique content experiences that deliver customer value and drive business success. With its SaaS+ model, Skyword offers: a SaaS-based enterprise-level content marketing platform, industry-leading services, and a global community of storytellers. Today’s leading brands have created and published more than one million original stories as articles, videos, images, infographics, podcasts, and animations on Skyword360. These stories have earned Skyword customers more than two billion visits organically, and Skyword has paid its freelance creatives more than $30 million on behalf of its customers.
A little bit more about the role
Skyword is seeking an individual with 3+ years of full-time, professional editing experience to join our Content Services team in support of our clients’ content marketing programs. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented with exceptional line and copy editing skills, strong research skills, and the ability to edit B2B and B2C topics for a variety of clients using both Chicago and AP styles.
The Editor is detail-oriented and conscientious in editing content produced by freelance contributors for Skyword’s diverse client base. Working under the management of the Editorial Team Lead, the Editor is responsible for line and copy editing articles across a range of programs using both Chicago and AP styles, meeting daily, weekly, and monthly content deadlines, and ensuring that content meets client quality expectations. All content is reviewed and edited using the company’s platform, Skyword360.
Note, while writers with relevant experience as mentioned above are welcomed to apply, this is not a copywriting position.
What you’ll be doing
- Editing content for concision, clarity, flow, and voice, ensuring edited articles conform to the client’s editorial style guidelines and maintain the client’s brand tone.
- Confirming that all source links work and that facts, statistics, and quotations from sources are accurately represented in the article.
- Ensuring each article is complete and adheres to the assignment summary.
- Editing articles for style, grammar, punctuation, syntax, spelling, and usage, with an eye to consistency.
- Reviewing content queues daily, and prioritizing articles based on deadlines and client needs.
- Optimizing headlines, subheads, and copy for search.
- Editing supporting social copy, ensuring content, tone, and hashtag use is on-brand and audience- and channel-appropriate.
- Supporting Editorial Managers with ongoing contributor coaching and enablement initiatives (including newsletters and writer workshops when applicable).
What this role requires
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- Minimum of three year’s experience line and copy editing
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Expert knowledge of both The Chicago Manual of Style and the Associated Press Stylebook
- Experience supporting the production and delivery of time-sensitive written content
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively support concurrent projects and adapt to changing priorities and timelines
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively across teams
- A copy editing test will be required of candidates
What we would like to see
- Ability to adapt to multiple editorial styles depending on each client’s needs
- Experience with online content
- Knowledge of search engine optimization concepts
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive market-based salary. Medical, dental, life, progressive parental leave, and disability insurance plans; equity; 401(k) plans with employer matching contribution; three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays; 10 sick days; 2 half day volunteer days; and an open, friendly work environment.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.