- Full Time
Scholastic Teaching Resources, an imprint of educational products for teachers and children, is seeking an ambitious Senior Designer, who thrives in a small, cross-functional, and collaborative environment. This position requires superb design skills, an eye for typography, and a flexible attitude when it comes to working creatively with the editorial team. We are looking for a reliable designer with excellent communication skills, a detail-oriented approach, and consistent execution. The position reports to the Creative Director with a dotted line to the Managing Editor.
• Designing book covers, product boxes, children’s workbook pages, and classroom décor that appeals to teachers and children in grades PreK-5
• Designing logos for new product lines
• Creating social media and marketing touts, including GIFs
• Creating design templates for freelance designers and overseeing their work
• Selecting illustrators and commissioning illustrations
• Conducting photo research and working with the photo department to secure permissions
• Working closely with the production team to prepare and send out files for print
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• BA in graphic design or related field
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in children’s publishing
• Solid portfolio of published design work
• Proficiency InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator required. Working knowledge of PDF workflow a plus
• Working Excel/PowerPoint skills
• Strict attention to detail
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.