Web (Digital) Editor
- Full Time
Who We Are:
The International Trademark Association (INTA) is a global not-for-profit association of brand owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property (IP) to foster consumer trust, economic growth, and innovation.
INTA’s members are more than 7,200 organizations from 187 countries. They represent some 31,000 trademark professionals and include brand owners from major corporations as well as small- and medium-sized enterprises, law firms, and nonprofits. There are also government agency members, as well as individual professor and student members.
Headquartered in New York City, INTA also has offices in Brussels, Santiago, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington, D.C. and representatives in Geneva and New Delhi. We’ve recently moved our headquarters into newly-designed, modern space, conveniently located near Grand Central Station in New York.
The Association was founded in 1878 by 17 merchants and manufacturers who saw a need for an organization "to protect and promote the rights of trademark owners, to secure useful legislation and to give aid and encouragement to all efforts for the advancement and observance of trademark rights."
What We’re Looking For:
Web (Digital) Editor
As part of the International Trademark Association’s digital transformation, we are seeking a Web (Digital) Editor who will be responsible for creating and maintaining high-quality content, images, and layouts on our website. The Web Editor will be joining INTA’s Marketing and Communications Department at an exciting time, as we prepare for the launch of our newly-designed website and new content management system. Your editorial and web writing skills, creativity, technical knowledge, and eye for detail will help us demonstrate our standing as the world’s leading global association of brand owners and trademark professionals, amplify website traffic—and take us to the next level in our digital transformation.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, write, edit, proofread, and manage high-quality, concise content for public-facing website, including crafting new copy for professional and consumer audiences, and editing/re-writing existing content to be more user-friendly and engaging
- Ensure adherence to INTA voice, branding, and editorial style guides for all content
- Select photos, illustrations, videos, and other assets that bring content to life
- Write SEO-friendly headlines
- Leverage content management system (Episerver) to maintain website and optimize visitor experience—utilizing existing templates and tools within CMS to consistently and attractively create and publish content, images, and graphics Liaise with team members across departments (U.S. and globally) to meet requests for new posts, updates, etc.; to coordinate timing and consistency of communications across all channels; to integrate digital marketing system and other platforms; and to work with IT department on front-end and back-end technology
- Participate in content audit of existing website and subsequently of new website--migrating content, detecting content gaps, archival material, and tagging
- Regularly track content for accuracy and required updates
- Perform SEO activities, adhering to SEO best practices, and privacy and copyright requirements
- Undertake A/B testing
- Monitor website traffic and contribute to analytic reporting
- Stay current with developments in Episerver and other web technology
What You’ll Need:
- Proven work experience as a web editor for 5-7 years
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with track record of producing premium content
- Sound editorial judgement, with ability to maintain quality and consistency
- Proficiency in content management systems; Episerver and SharePoint training/experience preferred
- Proven success in project management and implementation
- Experience with Impexium a plus
- Hands-on experience with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop
- In-depth knowledge of SEO best practices and tools
- Experience in content classification, hierarchies, tagging, and A/B testing
- Creative thinker
- Sharp eye for details
- Ability to multi-task, adjust priorities as required, and meet deadlines
- Stellar organizational, time-management, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree, in journalism, communications, or related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All applicants must include a cover letter with their salary requirements in order to be considered. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use Web Editor in the subject line.