Officer, Advertising Strategy
- Full Time
The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results. Through rigorous inquiry and knowledge sharing, we inform and engage public-spirited citizens and organizations, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause. We are a dedicated team of researchers, communicators, advocates, subject matter experts, and professionals working on some of today's big challenges – and we know we are more effective and creative collectively than we are individually. With Philadelphia as our home town and the majority of our staff located in Washington, DC, our U.S. and international staff find working at Pew personally and professionally rewarding.
Wise stewardship of resources allows Pew employees to pursue work that strategically furthers our mission in significant and measurable ways. We collaborate with a diverse range of philanthropic partners, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven initiatives to improve society. Pew attracts top talent, people of integrity who are service-oriented and willing to take on challenging assignments. We provide competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a respectful and inclusive workplace. Pew employees are proud of their colleagues, proud of where they work, and proud of the institution's reputation.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance Pew's reputation. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes to ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew's resources.
The officer position leads advertising at Pew and is a member of the Digital and Creative team reporting to the director, digital strategy. The officer will coordinate Pew's advertising work across all divisions and outlets, supporting the creation of effective paid media campaigns to help achieve institutional and programmatic goals, and contributing to communications strategies and a multidisciplinary team of digital, creative, and multimedia experts. The position is located in Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated paid media planning capabilities, including research and measurement, and proven experience successfully managing paid media campaigns across multiple channels.
- Develops strategically sound and cost-effective cross-channel paid media plans based on defined audiences and goals, using a mix of awareness, engagement, and direct response tactics.
- Works in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including digital, creative, and earned media disciplines to develop paid media and content distribution strategies in support of Pew's institutional and programmatic goals.
- Effectively plans, manages, and optimizes advertising campaigns in social, search, display, mobile, and video, both through programmatic and direct publisher buys.
- Works to develop effective internal partnerships and develop a working knowledge of project goals, audiences, and campaign strategies. Collaborates effectively and diplomatically with the digital strategy team and a wide variety of additional staff members, including senior leaders across the organization.
- Works with the team of digital strategists and vendors, as needed, to track and analyze the effectiveness of campaign performance, and make necessary adjustments to creative and media investments.
- Assists in the management of advertising budgets and invoices, manages insertion order process with vendors, and coordinates invoices and reporting through relevant internal teams.
- Collaborates with strategists, designers, and other internal colleagues to develop compelling and effective advertising creative.
- Creates reporting timelines and metrics to give real-time and periodic assessment of campaign performance.
- Helps cross-train digital team members in current best practices in paid media planning and execution.
- Stays current on advertising trends and make recommendations for updated strategies for awareness, engagement, and direct response campaign initiatives, as well as other advertising efforts across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- At least eight years of professional work experience with 3-5 years of experience implementing cross-channel paid media strategies at a digital or creative agency, nonprofit or association preferred.
- Prior to commencing employment with Pew, candidates for this position who were registered to lobby in any jurisdiction must certify termination of previous registration(s) and provide copies of termination notices with said jurisdiction(s) to Pew.
- Solid understanding of media planning research, advertising campaign development, display and social platform channel planning, search marketing, creative development processes, landing page development and optimization, ad serving technologies, and analytics.
- Experience delivering advertising on traditional channels like print, radio, OOH is a plus.
- Experience with syndicated data and media planning platforms (comScore, Nielsen, Simmons, etc.)
- Ability to craft targeting, measurement and analytics approaches for digital campaigns.
- A collaborative attitude, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a drive to keep abreast of the latest paid media strategies and tactics.
- Experience managing campaigns within self-serve digital platforms (AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, DoubleClick, etc.)
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and the ability to draw compelling insights from campaign performance data to help teams refine strategies and tactics.
- Proven ability to create advertising tags and implement media vendor pixels.
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Must be team player, building and maintaining positive relationships with internal teams, vendors, and agency partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with social, search, and cross-channel media buying platforms like Kenshoo, Brand Networks, Ampush preferred.
- Google AdWords, Google Analytics certifications preferred.
Minimal travel anticipated.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/w8v589dd263db46b