Vice President, Ad Sales Marketing – NBC Olympics
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Vice President, Ad Sales Marketing – NBC Olympics is responsible for working with key NBC Olympic stakeholders to market and increase the sales of the Olympic Games on all the platforms of NBC Olympics. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of NBC Olympics, this person will act as a conduit between the Olympic Sales, Programming, Production, Marketing, Legal, and Research teams. S/he will work with Sales to effectively translate a brand/client needs into actionable 360 marketing solutions. This person will help drive sales across linear, digital, mobile and social platforms with a firm understanding of how to navigate these spaces. The Vice President, Ad Sales Marketing will be focused on supporting NBC Olympic media sales with some involvement in the sales process of US based Olympic IP rights for the Olympic Games of 2022, 2024, 2026 and 2028.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Oversee the development and strategy of presentation materials positioning Olympic Sales efforts within the NBCU Portfolio of assetsLead big idea generation for all platforms which includes regular discussion with clients, agencies, editorial and production to ensure concept feasibility and deliveryGenerate new sales opportunities: Create multi-platform and standalone programs customized to fit specific client objectivesPartner with Insights and Measurement team to identify and support Sales initiatives with key targetsManage a team of accomplished media sales marketing employees focused on selling an array of NBC Olympic media assets Liaise between NBCU Ad Sales and Client & Agency Marketing teams while facilitating regular communications with internal departments including Production, Programming, Marketing (plus Digital/Social) and external customers (Brand teams)Steward programs from ideation to execution and recap phase for all Pre/In-Games/Post Game activity
• Minimum eight (8) years media related experience at an agency, client, sports league or media company
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of advertising/promotions on all platforms including Linear TV and emerging digital platforms
• Professional experience with sports partnerships and understanding of sports rights
• Proven ability to present to large groups, including C-level clients and representatives
• Ability to translate advertiser objectives into programmable elements from concept to execution
• Experience successfully leading sales and/or marketing teams
• Knowledge of standard media measurement tools and research including, but not limited to: Nielsen, Mendelsohn, MRI, Simmons, CMR, Repucom, IAG, Comscore, Insight Express
• Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint, Photoshop and Excel
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Ability to travel (up to 20%) including longer increments during the Olympic Games
• Solutions-oriented thinker who can oversee and direct multiple projects simultaneously within a cross-platform organization
• Ability to effectively interact with senior-level management, both internally and externally
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.