- Full Time
Houstonia, Houston’s award-winning city magazine, seeks a Digital Editor to help create, manage, and optimize the magazine’s digital content and web-based products. In addition, the Digital Editor may provide support for other SagaCity Media websites and digital properties.
The ideal candidate has exceptional organizational skills, especially the ability to oversee multiple projects, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, as well as a broad knowledge of (and curiosity about) journalism- and content-focused digital innovation. This is a full-time position with full benefits.
- Adapting print content for the web; uploading print articles, features, and listings to the website
- Writing, copy editing, and scheduling digital content
- Promoting editorial content via social media posts and e-mail newsletters
- Working with editorial staff to ensure accuracy and consistency of digital content, as well as adherence to house styles and best practices
- Optimizing digital content for traffic and SEO, including writing compelling web headlines, and tagging and categorizing content appropriately
- Monitoring and analyzing web traffic performance and website health
- Providing digital support and guidance to staff, troubleshooting issues, and filing effective bug reports
- At least 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a keen attention to detail and the ability to distill content into descriptive and engaging headlines, subtitles, and social media posts
- Experience making effective use of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, with the ability to take compelling photographs a definite plus
- Experience working in a content management system
- Understanding of SEO and the principles of content strategy
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Chartbeat, and Google Webmaster Tools
- Basic data skills; familiarity with Microsoft Excel
SagaCity benefits include generous medical and dental insurance, 401k match, paid holidays, and personal days.
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and a list of potential references to email@example.com with “Digital Editor” in the subject line.