Marketing and Communications Manager (Contract)
Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
Clients: Companies and organizations in the design and technology sector
Location: AIGA’s National Headquarters are located in New York City, however, 100% telecommuting (remote) from a U.S. location is possible with the requirement to occasionally report to the New York office for team workshops and meetings.
Overview: AIGA, the largest and most influential design association in the United States, seeks an accomplished Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM).
The MCM works in close partnership with department leads to define marketing and communications goals (including developing RFPs, refining SOWs, and setting KPIs). The primary responsibility of the MCM is to coordinate with outside vendors/agencies; serve as an intermediary between the internal team and external vendors; supervise marcomms operations; oversee copywriting, copyediting, and brand voice; oversee creative strategy, design and video production; and maintain oversight of AIGA's digital analytics, including AIGA's website, social media platforms, and e-newsletters.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in marketing and communications, with an emphasis in digital strategies
- Minimum of 5–7 years of professional experience in (preferred) marketing and communications for a nonprofit or association
- Disciplined self-starter who regularly goes above and beyond
- Ability to work well in a virtual team environment is essential, familiarity with remote work tools (Slack and Zoom) a plus
- Computer literacy required (Microsoft, Apple, Google office products), experience using Mailchimp a must, preferred experience with Basecamp or other project management software and CRMs (Salesforce)
- Ability to travel (regional events as needed and occasional trips to national office in NYC through 2020)
- Maintain all communications calendars and ensure internal team is aware of forthcoming campaigns, their respective goals, and metrics that indicate performance.
- Coordinate with staff members responsible for assigned marcomm project deliverables as needed, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Establish processes for requesting creative work, ensuring appropriate information has been gathered from department leads or project leads.
- Maintain resourcing contacts for outsourcing design, editorial, PR, and video projects as needed.
- In partnership with the Director of Corporate Relations, manage any marketing or communications deliverables as outlined in contracts with corporate partners.
- Create reports for executive staff and board of directors, including project updates, metrics and performance, major issues/risks requiring escalation, project constraints (schedule/scope/resources).
- Ensure any changes in the scope of work with vendors are documented, approved, and reported to the finance team and department lead responsible for approving budget.
MARKETING + COMMUNICATIONS
- Maintain oversight of AIGA's digital analytics, including AIGA's website, social media platforms, and e-newsletters, using these insights to inform future strategies.
- Provide input to department leads/program managers as needed to define external marcomms vendor scopes of work, ultimately approved by department lead and ED.
- Review marcomms vendor copy, drafting, editing email and social copy as needed, and routing all communications to appropriate staff for review.
- Provide guidance on all creative for communications, managing external agency teams to ensure deliverable specifications are met and delivered on time and routing all creative to appropriate staff for review.
- Work with membership department to ensure brand consistency and tone of voice, across channels including welcome and renewal emails, member newsletters, AIGA.org messaging and other membership-related communications.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter with their hourly rate and resume to the listed email address with the position title in the subject line.
AIGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.