Supervisor, Media Sales Services- Cox Media
- Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities
• Partners with the Sales Support Manager to develop the tactical direction for the sales support team.
• May support sales consultants and/or local origination channels to ensure and maintain subject matter expertise in all daily sales support activities
• Assists the Manager, Media Sales Services in supervising and training sales services teams to be proficient in completing their assigned responsibilities and to help meet the performance standard metrics.
• Acts as back-up to the Manager, Media Sales Services in serving as the CFC liaison and Change Champion when needed.
• Serves as the market expert in solving internal and external customer problems.
• Provides back-up support for all support functions.
Major Work Activities
• Coaches and develops Sales Services team and individual team members to meet performance measurement standards. Maintains records of employee hours worked and conducts employee performance reviews. [Performance management]
• Provides back-up sales services for own team and may personally provide sales services support to one or more sales consultants, Sales leaders, or local origination channels. This includes order entry, ad copy management, makegood fulfillment, schedule development, client solution collaboration, schedule development, payment troubleshooting, and related activities performed by Sales Services supervisees. [Sales Services SME and back-up]
• Investigates, resolves, and communicates or escalates order, schedule, or customer problems encountered by own Sales Service team or their internal or external customers, as needed. [Problem resolution]
• Assists or serves as back-up for Manager, Sales Services in setting tactical direction, serving as liaison to the CFC, and Change Champion for the market, region, or state. [Manager back-up]
• Monitors and serves as the point of contact for preparing and submitting adjustment forms to issue client credits to the CFC. [Adjustment form]
• Delivers training on Sales Services processes, as requested by Manager, Sales Services. [Training delivery]
• Proactively partners with Sales Services Manager to identify, design, develop and implement processes, policies and procedures to improve market performance and
efficiencies. [Tactical SME]
• Attends job-related training that may include refresher training and service updates. [Training and development]
Supervision • Reports to the Manager, Media Sales Services.
• Supervises Office Administrative Assistants (if any), Sales Services Coordinators, and Sales Services Specialist Is and Specialist IIs (if any).
Work Environment/ Job Context
• Works primarily in the Cox Media Sales offices.
• Sourced services (centralized) work environment
• Responsible for a team that supports a variety of account sizes, i.e., customers who generate large, medium and small revenue streams.
• Primary internal customers are members of the Sales team in the assigned market, region, or state, but works with other departments as well.
• Supervises and performs work that is time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue.
• Has some contact with external customers by phone and in person in connection with problem resolution.
• May require local and overnight travel (10 – 30%)
• May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities that occur outside regular business hours if supporting a sales consultant.
to individuals or groups when given time to
Relationships/ Interactions • Supervises Sales Services Coordinators, Specialist Is, Specialist IIs (if any), and Office Administrative Assistants (if any).
• Partners with, provides back-up for and reports to the Manager, Sales Services.
• Campaign Fulfillment Center (CFC)
• Cox Media Corporate
• Media Solutions Center (MSC)
• Client Services (Production, Research, and Marketing)
• Sales consultants, Sales Managers
• Coordinates with other Sales Services leaders in other markets.
Equipment • Computer workstation with extended keyboard, color monitor, Windows-based databases and other software.
• Calculator, copier, printer, and other office equipment
• Multi-key phone set with LC display
Software/Databases • Proprietary Windows-based application software and databases: TIM, CRM, Novar, View32, RMS
• Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook. Must be able to design and use spreadsheets and create documents in PowerPoint and Word.
Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications Required:
• 3 years experience working in customer service or in a sales environment (including retail)
• 1 year leadership experience (in a work or non-work setting)
• 18 years of age or older
• Eligibility to work in the United States
• 6 months experience using Microsoft Office applications in a work or non-work setting
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred: • 1 year experience in media sales environment
• Bachelor’s degree
• Post high school education pertaining to sales, advertising or marketing
• Competencies Required on Day 1 54. Applied Learning – Ability to acquire and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
• Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Coaching and Developing Others – Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
• Delivers Customer Service - Demonstrates appropriate attention to customer needs and requirements when making decisions and taking action. Makes customer satisfaction a priority and works to exceed expectations of customers externally and internally.
• Formal Presentation - Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• High-Impact Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions.
• Keyboarding – Ability to enter information quickly and accurately using a standard keyboard.
• Leading Teams – Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
• Living Cox Values - Shows an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company. Works to professional standards that apply best practices approaches are consistent with Cox's values and ethics.
• PC Skill - Skill required to use a PC to enter, retrieve, manipulate, and/or store information; includes knowledge of basic Windows operating system and MS Office application software.
• Problem Solving and Troubleshooting - Ability to systematically analyze a problem, collect and interpret relevant information; identify probable causes, and take or recommend appropriate action to solve the problem.
• Produces Results: Focuses efforts on attaining clear, concrete, timely, and measurable performance outcomes. Sets high standards of performance for self and others and assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing work projects.
• Reasoning - Ability to analyze information in order to reach valid conclusions; to apply general rules to specific problems and to combine different pieces of information to draw inferences.
• Self-Organizing: Ability to effectively manage one's own time and resources with little supervision to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Written Communication – Ability communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.