- Full Time
Team: Multiplatform Content and Production
The Digital Editor is responsible for creating digital content and editorial experiences across PBS.org that maximize the impact and quality of diverse public media content. The Digital Editor is responsible for executing content promotion for the PBS.org homepage and other platforms, supporting digital content and marketing campaigns that leverage the PBS brand voice to expand awareness and grow audiences. Additionally, the Digital Editor will create timely and relevant promotional experiences that make PBS a part of the daily conversation.
This position will also support editorial content for PBS promotional sites, e-newsletters, and PBS.org, including broadcast companion sites, ingestion of video, and PBS.org articles. The Digital Editor will also support the ingestion, distribution and promotion of digital original video.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Author and edit original content and promotional materials, including PBS.org articles, blog posts, Q&As, social media copy and metadata. Support production of digital content experiences and themed packages to drive traffic, increase engagement, and provide value to stations.
- Manage production, distribution and analysis of all General Audience email newsletters, including execution of ongoing A/B testing.
- Carry out and execute schedules for content promotion across assigned PBS.org platforms and social media.
- Provide copyediting and quality assurance support of newsletters, articles and other promotional copy for content; emphasizing brand voice and audience.
- Support new forms of digital reporting, story-telling and content marketing experiences to exploit opportunities to reach targeted audiences.
- Execute directed best practices for multiplatform marketing for delivering content, including articles, breaking news, email, newsletters, push notifications, social sharing, and interactivity; work closely with all teams to ensure those best practices are implemented.
- Support production of digital original and broadcast companion content for PBS promotional sites, including the PBS Online Film Festival, from asset-gathering and acceptance, to site build-out, promotion, video distribution and maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
- A minimum of 2-5 years combined experience in one or more of the following areas is required: Managing the development of online content, experience writing and editing materials for digital publications; Editorial and Web production experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as journalism, PR, communications, media studies or related discipline, preferred
- Experience working as a web producer, content developer, writer, editor, or a related field
- Experience teaching or managing the creation of online content, publishing content for social media a plus.
- Experience creating, editing and publishing digital video content;
- Media industry experience strongly preferred. Experience with membership organizations a plus.
- Strong editorial skills, including writing and editing to reflect a strong and trusted brand voice.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity in digital marketing initiatives across all functions and platforms, including but not limited to web and social media
- Digital publishing skills, including content creation, HTML, SEO, metadata, project management, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Eloqua, and other development applications
- Video production skills a plus.
- Proactive and self-motivated style and the ability to accomplish goals with limited resources and tight deadlines
- Results-driven with solid editorial judgment and ability to identify and focus on strategic priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with content management systems, especially blogging tools like Wordpress
- Familiarity with web metrics and basic traffic development strategies
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and high-quality execution of work
- Ability to work independently and diplomatically in a collaborative and creative environment with flexibility to new possibilities
- Ability to interact with all levels of multi-faceted, fast paced corporation
- Fan of PBS who is passionate about public media programming
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities