Director, Strategic Planning
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Handle any and all ad hoc requests that may surface in a timely, efficient manner.
As a Planning Director, you will help to lead the team by focusing on creating compelling proposals to drive revenue across all platforms within the organization while ensuring all existing campaigns are properly managed and deliver.
Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze and approve Linear & Digital upfront and scatter media plans based on mix, inventory, pricing, internal goals, and client objectivesProvide pricing and inventory mix guidance to AEs and planners during plan building and agency negotiations. Analyze estimates and CPMs to provide strategic direction on building rate cards throughout the yearPartner with Marketing to create and price out 360 Marketing opportunities for major Network Tentpoles and all Digital and Social Sponsorships Assist in managing pre and post sales analysis, makegood/preemption analysis, commercial unit allocations, branding, flighting, moves, mass move schedule changes, invoice adjustments and all planning process elements Communicate and work closely with the Account Executives, Sales Planners, Account Service Representatives, Sales Operations, Research, Finance and Programming in all aspects of yield management processes. Manage and oversee liability and risk, while coming up with creative solutions to ensure delivery of ad campaignsSupervise Sales Planners by providing necessary guidance for new hires/current employees to execute designated responsibilities Knowledge of linear and digital marketplace including working with NBCU partners
• Bachelors degree required
• 5+ years of experience in media planning linear/digital.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must be willing to be submit a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to work with a broad range of internal and external clients.
• Well organized and good attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills/team oriented.
• Strong computer skills especially in Excel, Power Point, and word.
• Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge a plus.
• Strong analytical and creative skills.
• High energy and teamwork mentality a must.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.