Bilingual Dealer Orientation Representative II
6 days left
- Full Time
The Bilingual Dealer Orientation Representative (DOR) is responsible for ensuring that every bilingual dealer’s onboarding experience to NextGear Capital platform is successful. Enhancing NextGear's consultative approach, the DOR provides an informative onboarding welcome call, with consistent messaging to all bilingual dealers, reviewing all NextGear expectations on dealer managing account and what dealer can expect from NextGear. The DOR is responsible for managing communication with internal/external customers and going over additional products to benefit the dealer. This will include ensuring all tracking of onboarding calls via (CRM) software – Salesforce, completed and in progress, are handled in a thorough and accurate manner, making using their line of credit, convenient and efficient for dealers and NextGear Capital Field employees.
- Be a resource on the DOR team for our new bilingual dealers at NextGear Capital
- Create a welcoming experience with each new dealer to NextGear Capital
- Contact and schedule onboarding welcome calls with dealers.\
- Communicate and follow-up regarding scheduling and onboarding welcome calls with NextGear Capital Field Employees.
- Ensure dealer is aware line of credit has been activated and aware of how to utilize line of credit. \
- Execute dealer onboarding welcome calls efficiently and accurately by walking a dealer through their account information and benefits of having a line of credit with NextGear Capital. \
- Go over additional products or add-ons to the line of credit at the dealers disposal.
- Expected to cover all items pertaining to NextGear expectations on the DOR call outline when needed.
- Maintain all dealer contact activity, notes, and onboarding calls through NextGear Capital's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software – Salesforce.
Qualifications:Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual (Spanish Preferred)
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal communication skills necessary.
- Ability to close business over the phone is a must.
- Must have a proven track record of excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability and desire to work independently to produce results.
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking ability a must.
- Strong customer service experience needed.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. (College Degree preferred).
- 2+ years of successful inside sales/sales experience or call center/customer service related experience required.
- 6 months of top tier NextGear performance or 24 months industry related experience
- Prior experience and on-the-job training
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Office Environment
NextGear Capital is the world’s leading independent inventory finance company, providing flexible lines of credit for dealers to purchase new and used inventory throughout the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom. NextGear Capital delivers innovative solutions that empower dealers to buy and sell inventory with versatile lines of credit that can be used at over 1,000 auto and specialty auctions and other inventory sources.
The company offers floor plan financing for nearly any type of remarketed unit in automotive retail, wholesale, salvage and specialty, including recreational vehicles and trailers, marine, powersports, used heavy trucks, auto salvage and auto daily rentals. NextGear Capital also provides a robust array of services and support allowing dealers to acquire and sell more inventory. This includes state-of-the-art online and mobile account management tools, market-specific industry and dealer performance data, title services, records management and collateral protection.
NextGear Capital is focused on service, technology and simple solutions that will help dealers stock more vehicles, attract more customers and close more deals. The company is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana and is part of the Cox Automotive group of companies. Visit www.nextgearcapital.com to learn more.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.