- Full Time
This individual will be Cinematic Music Group’s in-house Media Relations go-to. They are responsible for publicizing and promoting CMG’s artists, brands and the company as a whole, as well as implementing and executing public relations campaigns and strategies. Candidates will have a proven record of success in executing PR campaigns, knowledge of the media and music industry, relationships with key media and be able to demonstrate proven results.
This job based in NYC will be responsible for working with a roster of artists from different genres. You will maintain artists profile and overall visibility through coverage in print, TV and online media. You will also be responsible for strategizing with the other creative departments to help break an artist. The job involves you thinking creatively to develop unique and interesting angles for pitching our artists.
- 4-6 years prior experience in music PR.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience in managing multiple accounts.
- Established relationships with media (both music and entertainment) throughout online, print & TV on a national and local level.
- Stellar track record of securing top-tier placements with resources to back.
- Relationships with blogs, grassroots platforms, influencers and playlist owners / users.
- Ability to maintain and manage multiple PR campaigns for various artists.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be highly self-motivated, solution-oriented, and work well in a fast-paced environment while under pressure.
- Positive, can do attitude and passion for music and entertainment.
- Building and maintaining media lists and industry contacts.
- Securing broadcast, print and online coverage for clients through targeted media outreach.
- Monitoring media coverage of our artists, company executives and CMG as whole.
- Assist in organizing/working various events.
- Develop and continually manage timelines and calendars for all artists as well as CMG overall.
- Service daily media requests and act as network source of information on everything CMG. Consistent communication with various teams throughout CMG.
- Maintaining press clips and reports, with the opportunity to also secure online/tour coverage when appropriate, assist in coordinating artists press days/events/TV bookings, and more.
- Ability to format, develop, write press materials including bios, press releases, blasts, fact sheets and tailored pitches.
About The Company:
Since its formation in 2007, Cinematic Music Group has remained steadfast in its commitment to upholding artists’ true vision & independence. Founder and CEO Jonnyshipes was determined to give his artists total creative control; a concept heavily valued by makers and consumers of art alike. Built on a framework of artistic integrity and creating the best music possible, success seemed inevitable for the fledgling label.
In recent years, Shipes has continued to expand the legacy of Cinematic while keeping in line with the principles he laid down initially. Looking beyond the world of hip-hop, Cinematic has also developed partnerships with singer/songwriters Cat Clyde & Jeremie Albino and rock bands Public Access T.V. & Caveman, among others. Despite now hosting a broader coalition of artists, one thing remains clear: Cinematic continues to be one of the premier independent labels for its unwavering dedication to its artists and the preservation of quality music.
Apply for Publicist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly