Associate Director/Director, Marketing - Early Readers
- Full Time
We are currently seeking an Associate Director OR Director of Marketing, Early Readers to oversee title-specific attention getting campaigns for a wide variety of picture books and early readers ranging from non-fiction to literary fiction, commercial fiction and series, as well as handle overall strategy and management of the early reader marketing team.
- Direct strategy, programs and tactics across early reader titles and campaigns.
- Develop product positioning and brand messaging.
- Allocate annual budget across titles to evenly support sales and editorial goals; continually review and re-allocate financial resources as needed.
- Plan for long-range growth of the publishing division and marketing department by reviewing past campaigns performances and seeking future improvements; communicate the goals, needs and results of the department to supervisor, editors, sales and publisher.
- Work closely with authors on marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with digital team in creating social media and website strategies.
- Establish key partnerships online and offline with 3rd parties to further impact the reach of our properties and authors.
- Keep a keen eye on potential backlist promotions and anniversary moments.
- Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measurable campaign for future opportunities.
- Research industry trends and tools to identify new platforms/partners that HC can engage with.
- Manage performance of the team.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in trade book marketing for Associate Director level; minimum 8 years of trade book marketing experience at Director level; picture book marketing experience preferred
- Experience supervising a team
- Strong understanding of the children’s marketplace and ability to identify key contacts and programs within this space
- Experience creating compelling campaigns for young readers
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Experience working on mobile platforms a plus
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Appreciation and knowledge of current trends in popular culture extremely helpful
- Bachelor’s degree, proficient in Microsoft Office; social media knowledge and skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.