Audience Development Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
The Audience Development Manager at The New York Review of Books will work collaboratively with our editorial and marketing teams to craft initiatives that introduce our editorial content to new readers, build loyalty with our existing readers, and increase our print and digital subscriber base. They will help develop and execute distribution strategies that extend the reach and amplification of our stories via email, social media, SEO and other avenues. They should be comfortable with testing strategies, insights from within and outside the company, and competitive research, while maintaining The Review’s standards of quality, rigor, and style.
The ideal candidate is a voracious and passionate reader who is excited to deliver and translate the Review’s influential and authoritative writing and overall point of view across distribution channels. They should be comfortable working at the intersection of editorial best practices, subscription marketing, social media, and user experience. The Review is in a moment of dynamic transition, and the right candidate would bring creativity and strategic thinking to help the magazine grow its audience and community.
Those interested should send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. The position is full-time, salaried, comes with full benefits and based in our New York City offices.
- Collaborate with editorial and marketing teams to develop and execute data-driven audience growth strategies across all content distribution platforms.
- Work with editors to optimize all stories for each major distribution channel and to optimize our website for SEO.
- Manage audience acquisition programs including email campaign services, social media channels, and SEO tools.
- Determine and meet growth KPIs and ensure that they align with revenue strategy.
- Conduct competitive analyses to inform decision-making, with an eye toward digital media trends.
- Work cross-functionally with editorial and marketing and business departments to identify opportunities and maximize consumer monetization.
- 3–5 years of experience with a magazine website or digital marketing agency, with a thorough understanding of online business models and strategies.
- Expertise in social media, SEO, and email communications.
- Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, creative, and experimental in the approach to problem solving, with exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong copywriting.
- Experience and demonstrated ability working with email databases and social media to implement and execute digital campaigns.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized, with excellent time-management skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (especially Excel), Google Analytics, and other reporting tools.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and graphic design a plus.
- Familiarity with literary magazine publishing a plus.
The New York Review of Books is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace. We especially encourage people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.
Apply for Audience Development Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly