Manager, Teen Marketing
7 days left
- Full Time
HarperCollins Children’s Books is seeking a creative, organized, and proactive Marketing Manager to work on title-specific young adult marketing campaigns for a wide variety of young adult books and series. Duties include managing title budgets, developing and executing marketing plans, presenting at internal and external meetings, and extensive copywriting. This role will also oversee the Marketing Coordinator for the team. The role requires an incredibly detail-oriented, creative, proactive, and strategic professional able to multi-task, set priorities, and manage a multitude of complex projects within budget and on tight timelines, plus the excitement to join a dedicated, outgoing, and enthusiastic team.
- Brainstorm and execute marketing campaigns for teen titles and series.
- Communicate plans and strategies to in-house team, including editorial and sales.
- Develop product positioning and brand messaging, utilizing digital as well as traditional media.
- Work closely with authors on marketing initiatives.
- Write ad copy and provide design direction for social, online and print advertising.
- Work closely with authors and agents on marketing initiatives.
- Work closely with digital team in developing and executing social media marketing strategies and online content for Epic Reads.
- Occasional travel to represent HarperCollins and EpicReads at consumer and trade festivals.
- Manage a Marketing Coordinator and provide overall team leadership for key initiatives.
- Review and share post-mortem analysis of each measurable campaign for future opportunities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in trade book marketing and/or teen product marketing; teen book experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to write in a voice appealing to teens
- Strong understanding of the teen marketplace and ability to identify key contacts and programs within this space
- Experience working on compelling campaigns to reach a teen audience
- Excellent project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Results oriented with strong eye to executional excellence
- Experience working on mobile platforms a plus
- Comfortable presenting in front of large groups
- Appreciation and knowledge of current trends in popular culture extremely helpful
- Bachelor’s degree, proficient in Microsoft Office and Photoshop; social media knowledge and skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins is an equal opportunity employer.