Putnam Young Readers is looking for a talented editorial assistant to join their team! The editorial assistant reports to the Publisher and a Senior Editor, and provides administrative support, reads and evaluates submissions, and oversees the entire production process from finished manuscript to bound book.
* Provides administrative support (answers phones, takes messages, photocopies, faxes, files, processes expenses, helps with department responsibilities, keeps track of projects’ due dates, maintains correspondence, fields questions from authors and agents, etc.)
* Facilitates editorial process by supporting the supervisor with writing copy for jacket flaps and catalogs, preparing acquisition paperwork and profit & loss assessments, filling out transmittal forms, and preparing title information sheets.
* Evaluates fiction, nonfiction, and picture book manuscripts (reads manuscripts in whole or in part as dictated by supervisor, writes reader’s reports, and writes and sends rejection letters)
* Oversees entire production process from finished manuscript to bound book
* Attends weekly editorial meetings
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Prior office and/or internship experience a plus
* Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Interest in children’s publishing
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.