Customer Service Specialist
- Full Time
The purpose of this position is to provide Tier 2 level Customer Service support to subscribers, readers, advertisers and client groups of all local products. Responsibilities may include performing a variety of clerical and customer contact functions in the contact center. The rep will support the customer service function of the operation by answering escalated customer inquiries through inbound call transfers from off-site Level 1 CSRs, other departments and via email. This position may also provide assistance in working exception and error reports and provide back-up clerical and data entry functions.
In addition to these responsibilities Tier 2 Customer Service Specialists are also responsible for a variety of local property support. Candidates must possess strong self and time management skills in addition to exceptional organizational skills to ensure proper support of the business objectives. Some of these additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Executive escalation follow up
• BBB complaint processing
• Walk in / face to face customer care
• Support of local Audience Leader customer care needs
• Follow up with distribution contacts to ensure escalated complaints are addressed quickly and place calls to ensure customer satisfaction
Job Duties and Job Tasks:
• Answer and appropriately handle inbound customer calls or transfers into the call center. Perform the necessary research and documentation of the escalated issue as well as entering customer service transactions into the DTI system (including stops and starts, complaints, renewals, vacation starts , change of service, etc).
• Skillfully handle escalated subscriber issues and provide accurate information regarding products and services. Communicate empathetically and effectively with customers and remain composed in difficult situations. Appropriately escalate difficult issues to on-site management or to off-site internal customers as necessary, following specific escalation protocols and processes for follow up and resolution. Meet quality assurance standards in this function
• Complete local responsibilities. Executive escalations require immediate attention with a target of 24 hour resolution. BBB complaints require the same level of attention with the addition of documentation on the BBB website of steps taken for customer resolution. Other onsite customer service responsibilities include walk in customer service, customer related tasks assigned by local Audience Leader and working closely with local distribution to resolve escalated delivery issues.
• Work with distribution, fulfillment, accounting and other appropriate departments to resolve issues with digital and print accounts accurately and in a timely manner. Identify the root cause of the issue to prevent future occurrences. Alert management to systems or process issues that could negatively impact other subscribers or customers.
• Monitor and respond to customer service issues received through other contact channels including transfers from other company email queues, subscriber on-line portal inquiries and respond and resolve those issues in an appropriate and timely manner while following specific department/company guidelines and protocols. Meet quality assurance standards in this function.
- HS diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Candidates should have 2 years experience in a customer service call center environment
- Candidates should be detail oriented, well organized, adaptable and flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Candidates should have excellent problem solving skills including the ability to ask questions, gather information, make sound decisions and recommend solutions..
- Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in schedule required and rotating week-end schedule may be required.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high level of systems expertise in CRM Management interfaces and e-mail system functions, Microsoft Office and ACD experience required.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong time management and the ability to work independently.
- Interface Requirements Frequent inter-department communication is required including working with distribution, accounting, sales department and managers, planning and analysis, quality control and any designated off site-work groups as needed to resolve issues, and work reports and queues in a timely manner.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.