- Full Time
Pace Public Relations is seeking an Account Executive to join our team (flexibility to be in New York or D.C.) and support a growing client base, with a particular focus on clients in business/finance/technology.
We work closely with all of our clients, deeply immersing ourselves in their businesses and practice areas to understand challenges and opportunities, and then proactively offering ideas for how PR and media relations can assist in accelerating growth. Our clients benefit from dedicated, collaborative teams that work across geographies and practice areas to achieve results as well as our unmatched experience in the industries we serve.
Our ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, an inquisitive nature, displays resourcefulness, proactivity, and flexibility and thinks creatively to generate new ideas. The candidate should also have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, be detail-oriented and be able to see projects to completion on deadline. The position requires the ability to think strategically and multi-task; solid presentation and speaking skills are also critical. This client-facing role requires experience building media strategies, and a deep understanding of the nuances of the financial, business and technology media.
Core responsibilities include:
- Helping execute several client programs as directed by mid-level and senior staff. This includes keeping teams and deliverables organized, ensuring they meet internal or client requirements, and that work is performed to established standards.
- Creating a variety of public relations content, including daily pitch writing targeted to all forms of media; candidate must display an understanding of the basics of PR writing and possess a solid writing foundation.
- Being an active participant in team and client meetings, including contributing ideas.
- Conducting media relations efforts to generate targeted publicity in print and online trade and business media, broadcast, radio and podcasts.
- Cultivating relationships with the media.
- Regularly articulating ideas for organic business growth and agency improvement.
- Minimum of 3-5 years agency or corporate PR experience, ideally with experience managing junior staff.
- Knowledge of current events and trends, specifically relating to the business, finance and technology industries. Strong fluency in top tier media outlets in these industries a must.
- Ability to self-manage, show strong initiative, prioritize and decipher urgent items, and organize daily tasks to ensure all items are handled accordingly in a timely manner.
- Possesses an extreme attention to detail; is poised, solutions-oriented with a can-do attitude, creative, enjoys autonomy, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Has experience developing and executing results-driven and creative PR plans.
- Ability to provide creative ideas on story development.
- Proven track record pitching media and securing quality placements.
- Established media and influencer contacts in business, finance and technology.
- The desire to network, grow with the agency and possess a love for pitching and placing stories in the news.