- Full Time
The New York Post video team is seeking an editor with producer smarts to help create compelling, shareable videos. Someone who believes news doesn’t have to be boring and who appreciates the odd and unconventional stories as well as important ones.
You must edit fast and with a flourish. Expertise with key products in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects) as well as Adobe graphic templates. You’ll edit videos for digital platforms using a mix of original footage, stock footage and social media content. You must be able to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
You must be aware of current events across a broad range of topics. Along with editing digitally-native short-form video, you will help generate our content, pitching video ideas daily and contributing to the team brainstorming. Must be knowledgeable and skilled to pitch across a variety of topic areas from national news, trends and tabloid fare.
Should have the ability to write short scripts as well as to conduct quick research on various topics as well. Can-do attitude is key to pitch in when necessary; we are a small team and everyone contributes in a variety of ways.
Must keep abreast of the latest resources and possibilities in post-production.
We seek a candidate who is excited about new types of multimedia storytelling and has a track record of creating digital video in a fast-paced news organization. Must be aware of the latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content versus television.
This is an opportunity to work with an iconic media brand as it experiences exponential digital growth! The New York Post and Page Six videos have received more than a billion views in the past few years.
- 3-5 years experience editing short form video for digital outlets
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere
- Ability to color correct and mix audio
- Experience working both with and without producers
- Experience with multicam editing
- Ability to select and use music to match the tone and style of the story
- Must be organized, work well in a fast-paced environment and be a team-player experience working in a fast-paced newsroom environment on weekly deadlines
- Motion graphics experience a plus as is simple animation
- Knowledge about post production workflow a plus
- Open to working evenings and weekends, on rare cases if required
- Resume, link to editing reel and cover letter. Include your point of view about what makes a video shareable.
- Email above materials to email@example.com and apply via the Apply button below.
The New York Post is the nation’s oldest newspaper with the youngest, most ambitious video department. We want to make our mark in digital video and create memorable work and new watching habits among our audience. The legacy of the great headlines conveys the attributes of our videos: bold, irreverent, judgmental, confident and clever. We want to make videos that surprise viewers. We seek someone who appreciates serious and quirky stories. Let’s talk!
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.