- Full Time
The Trucker and TheTrucker.com Editor Needed
Target Media Partners (TMP) is seeking a full-time Editor for TheTrucker.com and The Trucker, the trucking industry’s leading digital and print news sources, as well as its other trucking industry trade magazines. TMP is looking for an individual with creative and fresh ideas, who has the ability to “think outside the box”. The right person will take ownership to implement new ideas, expand readership and help TMP grow in new areas.
- Create a cohesive content strategy for multiple digital and print products to expand the audience reach with new and innovative products, content ideas and activities;
- Recruit, supervise and manage writers, reporters and photographers to generate relevant content, including content for daily website and social media updates;
- Plan, produce and edit content, both internally generated and outsourced material, within budgetary guidelines;
- Monitor other news and media outlets to source content that fits target audience;
- Work with management to establish, measure and meet performance goals and readership results;
- Set and meet reporting deadlines for publishing cycles of multiple digital and print products;
- Maintain relationships with professional associations, industry newsmakers, customers and influencers;
- Establish and maintain publishing quality standards, goals and expectations.
Skills and experience needed:
- Ability to gain a solid understanding of relevant stories and trends built around industry related content;
- Background in newsroom management, strong editing and writing skills, and competencies in news reporting, copy editing, page design, photography and story planning; critical thinker and an eye for detail;
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and communication skills;
- A minimum of five years of journalism experience, with at least two years of that experience in a professional leadership role;
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
Candidates with transportation experience will be given top consideration. Those with industry/trade journalistic experience are also encouraged to apply.
TMP offers a dynamic team environment, competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) Plan, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, flexible spending account, and long-term disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly