Communications Manager at Vibrant, Creative K-12 School
- Full Time
The communications manager reports to the director of communications within the School’s Advancement Office. Works closely with the website manager; colleagues in Advancement and the Office of Admission and Financial Aid; and faculty/staff throughout the School on various communications and marketing projects. Must be an excellent writer and outstanding proofreader. The right candidate is creative and personable, adept at working both independently and collaboratively. Equally comfortable interviewing the School’s Board Chair and a gaggle of kindergartners. Responsible for sharing the story of our unique, joyful, progressive School with constituents including current parents, prospective families and donors through a variety of print and digital communications.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as editor and write for the biannual Cross Sections magazine.
- Serve as point-person for three weekly parent newsletters.
- Create content for the Annual Giving and capital campaign fundraising programs, including e-blasts, appeal letters, brochures and acknowledgement letters.
- Create content for the Office of Admission and Financial Aid, including viewbooks, e-blasts and postcards.
- Research, write and post news stories for the xrds.org website
- Proofread articles and other materials written by colleagues.
- Work with graphic designers, printers and mail houses to design, produce and mail collateral.
- Maintain strong school presence on social media.
- Edit/create updated content for the School website as needed.
- Write press releases/pitch media stories.
- Take photos for the website/social media
- Create simple videos through iMovie.
- Occasionally attend events beyond work hours.
Required Experience, Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional proofreading skills are an absolute must!
- Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Ability to shape and articulate a compelling case for financial support.
- Ability to generate imaginative, error-free and persuasive copy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Engagement with faculty, staff and students in order to find interesting stories to tell.
- Friendliness and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Special skills in photography/video editing/graphic design a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
To apply, please visit xrds.org/communicationsmanager to upload your resume and fill out an application form. Please submit a cover letter to email@example.com.