Data Insights Analyst
- Full Time
The Media Insights Analyst will perform data runs and analysis through the use of multiple syndicated research sources to support the media ad sales team and consult clients on their campaign strategy. The right candidate will possess the curiosity to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and media trends with an eagerness to tell a persuasive story with their findings. In this role, the Media Insights Analyst will report to the Director of Insights and collaborate with the Sales, Marketing, Analytics, and Strategy Departments.
Ad-Hoc Research Analysis
• Access, report, analyze and interpret raw data culled from various syndicated research providers
• Transform data points into creative and compelling insights
• Strategically leverage qualitative data and insights to support internal Account Executives to drive sales revenue growth
• Align client needs and challenges with research analysis to uncover marketing solutions
• Attend and participate in internal/external meetings as needed; understand business objectives and serve as a vocal subject matter expert when communicating to others
• Review advertising trends alongside consumer insights to identify prospective media opportunities for brands and clients
• Clearly display research and insights through written and designed deliverables that effectively communicate the message
• Independently manage project deadlines to ensure the timely delivery of ad-hoc sales requests
Prepare Data-Driven Marketing Material
• Contribute ideas and assist in cultivating concepts during team brainstorm gatherings, working on special projects and partnering with peers and other data departments within Gamut and CMG
• Collaborate with marketing team to develop data-driven sales collateral that clearly articulates research and insights
• Keep abreast of industry trends to monitor the ever-changing media landscape, specifically video consumption; remain informed on current and relevant business topics
Qualifications:•BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field preferred
•Familiar with syndicated research providers including MRI-Simmons, Hitwise, and comScore
•<1 year experience in a media research role or internship at a media agency, broadcast/digital company, or research firm
•Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
•Knowledge of digital and TV audience measurement
•Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Motivated self-starter who has a strong desire and curiosity to learn about media, marketing, brands and advertising
•Resourceful problem-solver with a willingness and determination to offer up solutions
•Ambition to deliver exceptional and impactful insights that drive positive results
•Extremely attentive to detail; organized and diligent with strong time management skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.