- Full Time
Cox Automotive, a leading provider of dealership software solutions, is seeking a Director of Brand to manage a portfolio including Xtime, Vinsolutions and Dealer.com. The Brand Director is responsible for protecting the brand, developing and leading brand strategy, positioning and deployment of brand and creative strategy.
The VinSolutions, Xtime and Dealer.com brand is an essential part of the company’s strategy and success. It holds meaning, builds trust, and differentiates the company from its competitors. Successful candidates will understand the role that brand strategy, positioning and creative strategy plays in building recognition, fostering positive associations, and developing preference for products. The ideal candidate will recognize the importance of developing and leading a team to create strong compelling brand foundation, positioning and compelling messaging along with a look and feel that sets us apart in our category. This leader will be responsible for leading a team to adhere to the brand strategy across several of our digital channels including social, website, events, content and client experience. The process will need to be scalable across the portfolio of brands and the tools will need to be easily applied from campaign management and product marketing teams as well as others within the organization.
• Create and lead brand strategy, positioning and creative direction across the portfolio and the brand team.
• Lead and develop the market strategy for brands that drive increased awareness, demonstrate our unique differentiators and momentum in innovation.
• Establish a strong creative and communication foundation with the content team that is scalable and differentiated across the category and portfolio
• Drive creative vision and strategy in conjunction with the brand manager and content marketing team for cohesive brand creative in campaigns, branding and product marketing.
• Establish and ensure the team can execute upon sound brand strategies that increase brand awareness and promote positive brand perceptions.
• Lead the team through strategic brand strategies that align internally and externally. Empower the brand manager to influence both.
• Provide strategic direction and executional guidance to all those interacting with the brand.
• Work with representatives from multiple brands and departments to understand the strategy and foundation and ensure they have the tools to live the brand.
• Creative strategy to align the brand essence with the creative development.
• Oversee how we show up and present our brands at industry and client events
• Lead a team of brand, social, events and client retention and loyalty team members
• Keep a strong line of sight on brand across all three solutions
• Work tightly with Director of Product Marketing and Director of Campaign Management.
• Understand brand metrics and what success looks like both short term and long term.
- Bs/BA Degree in Marketing or Communications. Preferred Advanced Degree
- 10+ year leading and developing brand strategy and deployment.
- Minimum 5 years leading, mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge of strategic frameworks.
- Experience working with complex brands, encompassing multiple products and several layers of brand hierarchy.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of the creative process.
- B2B or software industry experience preferred.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.