Fair Manager - The Other Art Fair
- Full Time
The Other Art Fair is looking for a Fair Manager (East Coast) to help us deliver the Brooklyn and Chicago fairs plus a launch edition in Toronto (4 fairs in total for 2020) from our New York office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Fair Manager grows with us.
Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, London, Toronto, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike at traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experiential programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned collectors alike.
Leaf Group is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness and art and design. For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com. We connect people to what they love.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: Group Fair Director (London, UK)
A typical day as a Fair Manager might include:
- Heading up each Fair campaign, from end-to-end, taking into consideration the wider global brand communication strategy and revenue targets
- Continuing to develop the Fairs’ industry network and ensure they are fully immersed in the local and wider US arts scene
- Securing new strategic partnerships (state and/or nationally focused) across the creative industries, media, and brands to help build awareness and market positioning
- Working closely with all fair sponsors and partners to ensure agreement items are fulfilled and that the fair’s exposure is maximised through their channels
- Working closely with the Marketing Director to ensure an effective marketing campaign is delivered and audience as well as revenue targets are hit
- Working alongside appointed PR agency to generate content to help secure editorial pieces, diary listings, draft releases
- Managing show P&L in close contact with Marketing Director and Operations Manager
- Sourcing venues and negotiate terms of contract
- Working with the Fair Director and Fair Assistant to produce a programme of features - to include talks, installations, collaborations, and performances
- Working with the Operations Manager to deliver these features onsite
- Managing all central campaign planning documents and critical paths
- Primary contact for Saatchi Art, key sponsors, and partners
- Working with the Fair Assistant to drive local and international artist applications by attending open studios, graduate shows, galleries, and hosted events. Plus, work closely with the marketing team to deliver an effective Call for Artists communications campaign. 500+ applications per fair.
- Overseeing the artist selection process, selection committee engagement, artist confirmation process, and onsite support including the artist workshop. Working with the Fair Assistant on this.
- Post fair exhibitor and audience analysis and make future campaign recommendations
- Working with the Fair Assistant to source and manage onsite volunteer team
- Working with Marketing Director to manage the street promotional teams and leaflet distribution/display campaign
- Managing intern(s)
- Run the East Coast office: responsible for administrative tasks as it relates to The Other Art Fair at the New York office and our Santa Monica headquarters (i.e., intern set up, invoice questions, driving point on related meetings, etc.)
You’ll be successful if you:
- Are able to be flexible, adaptable, collaborative, creative. In some situations, the job holder will be required to make an early start or stay late, sometimes on short notice, often for calls to other global teams.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- Have a willingness to travel.
- Have availability during show cycle.
- Are comfortable as an independent worker, self motivated and energetic.
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Can work with teams and individuals collaboratively, proactively and positively
- Have the ability to prioritize in order to achieve revenue targets
- Have a first class work ethic
- Are able to perform at a level that ensures targets and goals are met as a minimum
What You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in an events management role
- A self-starter who can see what needs to be done and deliver.
- A motivated person who can work well alone and as well as lead and inspire a team
- Direct experience of managing exhibitor and sponsor needs and an ability to tailor solutions to meet those needs
- Experience of bridging and developing strategic partnerships to drive reach, brand, communications and ticket sales.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Good copywriting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.