Digital and Investigative Video Journalist
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for the development, production and editing of audio visual content for the News Digital Team and for the Investiga UnitShoot, produce, and edit original stories in video formatCreate compelling news video content conceived for web and social media platformsPublish videos using both Telemundo’s CMS and third party video distribution platforms (ie: YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), as well as writing headlines, descriptions, and tagsWork closely with other members from the news team, supporting them with stories in video formatWork closely with the News Team to source, locate and curate video for storiesAssist with daily headline creation, thumbnails, liaising with the newsroom, and smart playlisting, and syndication Produce video content from a variety of media sources, including user generated contentBrainstorm video ideas and curate material, when neededWork with other members of the team to produce larger form piecesWork with the linear team to maximize news coverage on all platforms
● Bachelor’s Degree or higher / in Journalism, Communications, Film preferred or equivalent
● 3-5 years of experience in a newsroom
● Essential training, knowledge of licenses and/or certification: video news wires, audio recording, basic lighting, camera shooting and video editing
● Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
● Flawless verbal and written skills in Spanish
● Strong experience with digital narrative
● Knowledge of Latinx and Latin American culture
● Understanding of online communities and the impact of social media
● Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
● Flexible with schedules and able to work under strict deadlines
● Ability to travel, occasionally with short notice
● Able to work flexible hours and change shifts, as needed
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
● Must be willing to work in the Greater Miami, Florida area
● Must be 18 years or older
● Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
● Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
● Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
● Must be available to work (whenever necessary) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
● Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
● Understanding of digital metrics
● Experience in motion graphics and animation
● Exhibits knowledge of current entertainment industry trends for the Latin Market in the US
● Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
● Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
● Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories and enterprise stories
● Exhibits news judgment with solid ethical decision process
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.