- Full Time
This Investigative Reporter will help break significant, investigative stories. The successful candidate should love to dig for extra information, love to be live in the field and expect to win. This seasoned journalist must have strong research and writing skills while working on daily investigative and long-term investigative stories. The successful candidate should also be hungry to use new technology to present stories and be adept at using social media to gather and break stories.
• Report for station’s newscasts
• Strong on-air and communication skills
• Excel at breaking and enterprising significant, local stories
• Research and write investigative stories
• Help support daily and long-term investigative work
• Be responsible for investigative content on all platforms
• Perform surveillance or undercover work as necessary
• Strong journalistic and editorial judgment
• Computer Assisted Reporting skills preferred
• Work collaboratively with News Managers, Producers and Assignment Editors
• Regularly post content and engage with audiences on social media platforms
• Make public appearances, representing the station in community events
• Understanding of basic federal, state and local laws
• Other duties may be assignedQualifications:• A minimum of 5 years professional investigative reporting experience in local TV news is preferred
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Able to handle breaking news with ease
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
• Must be well-read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.