Penguin Random House is seeking a Senior Designer to join the Knopf Publishing art department! The Senior Designer will support the Art Director in day-to-day design duties. The Senior Designer will also work closely with the managing editorial team and the production department. This is a fantastic opportunity to create book covers and contribute the overall publishing process.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Designing book covers.
* Preparing files for production.
* Reviewing and correcting proofs.
* Utilizing design skills in the modification of layouts and series titles.
* Designing typography-driven eBook covers.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* 3 years’ experience in graphic design; book publishing preferred
* Genuine interest in book cover design
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
* Strong organizational skills with firm attention to detail
* Ability to think and work creatively
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong knowledge of the MAC platform and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.