Email Marketing Manager
- Full Time
Arcadia Power is a fast-growing technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. At Arcadia Power, we’re guided by a common purpose: We believe in a future that is powered by 100% renewable energy. Our team is building the utility platform of the future - one that breaks down the barriers to clean energy access and puts customers first. Arcadia Power members all over the country choose clean energy, save with solar power, lower their utility bills and track their impact every day. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone.
We are seeking our first dedicated Email Marketing Manager to join the Brand & Communications team and actively help shape our all-important email strategy, boosting member engagement, retention, and affinity for the Arcadia Power brand. The Email Marketing Manager will own email and newsletter concept development, calendar/project management, content creation, and copywriting and editing -- and will also have opportunities to support other brand, marketing, editorial, and product initiatives at Arcadia Power. Our ideal candidate is not only experienced in successfully creating email-based content campaigns for trusted consumer brands, but possesses the ability to drive a distinct sense of community through storytelling.
This role is based in Washington, D.C. and will report to the Content Strategist. Additionally, the Email Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director of Brand & Communications, Email Operations Specialist, designers, and other colleagues in Product, Marketing, and across the organization to create compelling campaigns that surprise and delight Arcadia Power members. If you’re a strong writer with an enthusiastic attitude, infectious work ethic, and ability to consistently deliver excellence under tight timelines, we encourage you to apply! In your submission, please include 2-3 writing samples, preferably of email content you have produced. Applications that fail to meet this requirement will not be considered.
- Concept, write, and own Arcadia Power member engagement email messaging; develop email content with an emphasis on human storytelling and celebrating our community of members, partners, and clean energy projects
- Work closely with Content Strategist, graphic & product designers, and program managers to improve overall branding and develop creative strategy, positioning, and content for Arcadia Power members
- Produce all copy in our engaging, established brand voice and help develop it further
- Revise, edit, and renovate email campaigns to adhere to brand guidelines
- Test email copy to improve conversion & engagement and better understand the mindset of members
- Exceptional copywriting and copyediting skills
- 3+ years of relevant campaign copywriting experience at an advertising/design agency and/or consumer brand
- Portfolio or work samples demonstrating high-level branding, email marketing, and customer-centered copy solutions
- Experience writing both short- and long-form copy across multiple online and offline marketing channels
- Experience developing and owning a brand voice
- Experience with email A/B testing
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and previous experience driving creative strategy with stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with email marketing as a customer-retention strategy for subscription-based businesses
- Experience with direct-to-consumer, community-driven storytelling
- Experience with dynamic content in email campaigns; basic knowledge of HTML coding a plus
- Familiarity with Customer IO, Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, or another large email service provider
- Passion for sustainability and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- Weekly all-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to disrupt the energy sector
Arcadia Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.