Marketing Designer, Random House Children's Books
Posted: 10/24/2019 | Expires: 11/18/2019
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Graphic Design
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Random House Children's Books (RHCB) seeks a Marketing Designer to join their Trade Marketing team. This position reports to the Senior Designer, Trade Marketing. The RHCB Trade Marketing Design team is a small and dedicated team. Our work supports the sales efforts of many high-profile books for young readers across all ages and formats. We are passionate about designing campaigns that defy conventional book marketing and look to expand a book’s narrative beyond its jacket design by drawing influences from current pop culture and visual trends. We are always looking to draw new readers to our books by creating visuals that will appeal to a broad audience. We love what we do and enjoy working with each other!
This role will require you to utilize many different resources to help influence your design and we’re always focusing on the product’s intended customer base, whilst simultaneously looking to attract newer customers. Given our strong presence in the market, we’re searching for someone whose attention to detail and organizational skills are at the forefront, in addition to the actual visuals you’ll design.
* Design print and digital marketing materials to support marketing efforts for our exciting books across all age formats and marketing channels, including but not limited to print ads, digital ads, chapter samplers, back-of-book ads, and social media assets
* Act as main design support for all Random House Graphic graphic novel and FOHTY (From Our House to Yours) picture book round up campaign endeavors under guidance of the Senior Designer
* Design templated and campaign-driven School & Library marketing jobber ads
* Design festival and conference marketing signage and materials to support trade and consumer marketing efforts
* Assist Senior Designer with Lead Campaigns as needed
* Develop campaign visuals from concept to completion for assigned title and/or round up campaigns under guidance of the Senior Designer
* Create and/or edit animated social assets and videos
* Print, route, and archive marketing projects delivered by out-of-house freelancers as requested by Senior Designer
* Release print design projects to Production Manager and/or Marketer according to project specifications as requested by Senior Designer
* Assist Senior Designer in gathering project assets to send to out-of-house freelance support.
* Maintain Digital project templates library under guidance of the Senior Designer
* 2-3 years marketing design experience
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office programs
* Experience in children’s trade marketing a plus
* Ability to be a team player and to work independently
* Strong sense of urgency and the ability to juggle multiple projects
* Excellent organizational, computer, and communication skills (required)
* Knowledge of After Effects a plus
* Experience with 4 color printing/pre-press file preparation
* Strong attention to detailPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.