Editorial Assistant, Vintage Anchor Books Vintage Books and Anchor Books have long been known as publishers of distinguished fiction (literary, international, commercial and crime), and nonfiction (history, science, politics, travel, and general interest).
We are currently seeking an assistant to join the group’s editorial team. The position provides an opportunity to assist an Executive Editor with a broad list of paperbacks and hardcovers with a particular interest in popular science and crime. Authors include Alexander McCall Smith, James Ellroy, Mark Z. Danielewski, Brian Greene, Michio Kaku, Leonard Mlodinow, Andrea Wulf, and Christopher McDougall. The EA will be responsible for assisting with daily editorial activities, including proposal/manuscript screening, copy writing, and project support. In addition to providing administrative support, the position also acts as a liaison between authors, agents and different departments within the company.
* Evaluating manuscripts and proposals
* Assisting with the coordination of the editorial and production process
* Writing catalog/flap copy
* Acting as a liaison between authors/agents and the editorial department
Additional requirements we are looking for include:
* A strong writer who has a broad reading sensibility
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high volume environment
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
* Strong interpersonal skills, & ability to multi-task successfully
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Avid reader of Popular Science and Crime, a plus.
Salary for this position is $40,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.