Senior Business Development Manager - Smart Communities (West Region)
2 days left
- Full Time
Senior Business Development Manager -
Smart Communities Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
The Senior Business Development Manager – Smart Communities is responsible for the successful driving the sales process by aligning shareholders from Cox2M, Cox Business Sales, Government Affairs, and vendors to develop a collaborative “One-Cox” voice in a given region.
The role requires advanced subject matter expertise as well as solutions sales skills to successfully position Smart Communities Solutions in a manner that expands market share and increases revenue.
This leader will effectively collaborate, plan, develop, and execute sales strategies to generate customer and revenue growth for Cox Business. The role is responsible for serving as an overlay subject matter expert to enable the sale of Smart Communities Solutions and the support of assigned sales reps in assigned regions.
- Work with CB Sales and Government Affairs to identify priority markets and communities
- Apply a consultative sales approach to help the community identify and solve their most pressing challenges
- Own regional communications strategy for Smart Communities
- Define community requirements and work with Cox2M product to translate those into viable solutions
- Schedule and conduct community meetings along with assigned account teams
- Work with the assigned account teams to develop proposals, conduct pitches and identify the appropriate vendor solutions
- Collaborate with Community, Cox2M and account team to develop deliverables for client statements of work and vendor agreements
- Develop contract drafts and serve as external negotiator with the cities and internal coordinator with Cox legal
- Apply playbook to identify opportunities that align with Cox portfolio of solutions
- Lead customer/solution discovery workshops and meetings
- Conducts in-market training events for Sales, Field Marketing and Government Affairs to develop team skills and subject matter expertise
- Work with Cox2M product and Finance to develop unique financial models and customer pricing scenarios
- Cultivates positive cross-functional relationships with product teams to promote end-to-end solution development
- Maintain sales funnel and provide leadership reporting
- Responsible for region’s achievement of goals for Smart Communities business growth
Reports to Sr. Dir, Smart Communities
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent work experience
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.)
- 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Advanced knowledge of use cases, software, hardware and strategies related to Internet of Things
- Strong presentation skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Ability to travel within the assigned region
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 3 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Knowledge of regulatory environment a plus
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.