Product Manager, Customer Service Tools
- Full Time
We are seeking a Product Manager of Customer Service Tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Cox Customer Service via delivery of technology solutions, such as Case Management, Customer/Agent Solutions Center, AI Driven Troubleshooting, and more. The CS Product Manager CS Tools is a vital role that glues together business and IT to deliver technology solutions. This Product Manager will work with Product Management, Business Owners and IT to devise strategy and sequencing for business initiatives, perform planning/analysis, and manage stakeholder and vendor relationships. As a Product Manager you will lead and secure optimal utilization of the solution, support the business development of IT-related business needs and manage the roadmap of the Solution.
- Ensure that the users of the solution have a relevant, user friendly and reliable solution that helps them achieve their business goals. The Product Manager has the best knowledge of the solution from a functionality/business perspective with technical knowledge of how the technology works at a high level.
- Secure competence development and training needs of your solutions.
- Lead continuous improvement of the solution with an up and running intake process.
- Be accountable for solution delivery of your solution including business development, release management, life cycle management and transition to the operation of the solution, business continuity and business support.
- Be responsible to create and maintain a solution roadmap.
- Manage budget for your solution, provide budget input for the solution area, follow up & review forecasts and accruals.
- Lead/participate in Solution (e.g. Change Control Board) governance forums.
- Manage key stakeholder expectations through strong relationships. Interact with super users, process and business functions, Application Maintenance & Support vendors and software suppliers (tactical & operational discussions), Operations & Shared Service, Architecture and other relevant functions.
- Communicate the solution strategy and roadmap effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Collaborates with product owners, product managers and other stakeholders to drive solution strategy, design, innovation and overall direction.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure features are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the `voice of the customer.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story (as needed) and participates in team demos to validate quality.
- Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Incorporates stakeholder input into solution roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Partners with Production Support to ensure user feedback is integrated into backlog, defects are resolved, and users understand how to utilize the product.
- 5+ years of experience in related field (i.e. Operations, Business, etc.) or demonstrated equivalent skills and certifications
- 2+ years’ relevant experience in implementing/supporting business systems and processes (Product Manager or Business Analyst)
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Requires working knowledge of functional or related processes
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Strong Communication
- Experience defining and creating processes
- Advanced knowledge in Excel and other financial tools
- Highly Advanced modeling and review
- Build and present PPT presentation to Organizational Leaders
- Broad understanding of business
- Exhibits executive presence
- Influences others
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis. Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders-strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress. Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred (Operations, Business, Finance, etc.)
- 2+ years of project management/workflow creation experience
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
- Experience in full software life cycle implementation (requirements gathering, process design, configuration, functional design, testing, conversion, and deployment)
- Strong understanding of ecommerce and digital applications.
- Ability to grasp and explain complicated subject matter to others across the
- business that are less connected to the situation and/or are less technically-
- Exceptional business acumen and story-telling skills – the ability to communicate an insight to be understood easily and to drive action.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred
- Experience with Visio and/or iGRAFX preferred
- Minimum intermediate proficiency in Excel required (Expert proficiency preferred)
- Experience with Sharepoint (building, administering) preferred
- Project Management – Lead cross functional teams to define, assign, monitor and complete project objectives. Leads cross-functional teams by example demonstrating expertise to address non-routine issues, optimize work flows and/or significantly contribute to improvements to internal organization and processes. Partners with project stakeholders, internal customers, external vendors, and cross-functional teams. Facilitates a cross-functional team to execute on defined deliverables and drives key decisions.
- Monitor and optimize business processes - Evaluate compliance and effectiveness of operational and financial processes, identifying anomalies and making recommendations. Understands upstream and downstream impacts to their department.
- Change Management & Presentations – Contribute to the change management of new standardization efforts to include communicating, training, etc. This will involve presenting to executive leadership, peers and front line.
- Provide consultative services through collaborative partnerships - Analyze and review data and resolve questions and/or problems. Assist in policy development to support change initiatives. Ability to influence with support from their leader.
- Performs analysis and reporting - Develops and modifies financial and operations-driven reports. Creates advanced visualizations of extracted data as well as business case modeling.
- Coaching/Mentoring – May provide guidance and direction to analysts on team. As well as coach/mentor in conjunction with the leadership teams’ efforts.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.