Associate Editor, Lifestyle
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Identifying home and food news storiesExecuting daily news stories with little oversight Crafting catchy social copy to promote all written contentCoordinating relevant media with Photo and Video teams, including selecting the best images to tell the storyUsing analytics to help inform future content ideas and anglesWriting features and shoppable product roundups as needed Covering events and conducting interviews as needed; working after hours and weekends as needed Staying up to date on all the happenings of the Bravo universe, in real-time and related to the linear episodes
Bravo Digital is looking for a passionate Associate Editor with solid experience in the entertainment and lifestyle space, specifically home and food.
Bravotv.com is the number one destination for home & design, food, fashion, beauty, and fitness news from the Bravo universe. In this role, you’ll be creating engaging digital content around Bravo shows, talent, and Bravo adjacent celebrities.
Reporting to the Senior Editor, you’ll be a strong, quick writer with great news judgment. You’ll have a sharp eye for identifying compelling news stories in the Bravo and celebrity spaces, and a natural instinct for writing clickable headlines. You'll be expected to marry your natural editorial instincts with a healthy dose of data to help guide your decision making. Chartbeat, Parse.ly, DOMO, or Omniture addicts are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate is keyed in to the Bravo universe with a deep understanding of Bravo’s fun and cheeky tone. Experience in and a passion for the home and food spaces is preferred.
• A strong background writing entertainment/lifestyle content in a fast-paced digital news setting
• At least 3 years’ experience with established digital outlets, including publishing within a CMS
• Demonstrated experience creating timely content under deadline pressure
• A proven track record of strong news judgment with the ability to craft concise, clickable headlines
• Experience reporting, interviewing, and working directly with talent and publicists
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:52399BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Experience using data analysis systems (Parse.ly, Chartbeat, DOMO, Omniture), Drupal Content Management System, and Facebook Business Manager is helpful but not essential
• Working knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), video production, and YouTube is a plus
• A detailed knowledge of and passion for the Bravo universe is a huge plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.