- Full Time
Team: Office of the Chief Legal Officer (OCLO)
The Legal Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Legal team and other OCLO team members. Additionally, he/she is responsible for providing efficient office administration for the OCLO.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain up-to-date calendar of meetings, travel, events and anticipate associated needs
- Arrange meetings, conference calls and travel; prepare expense reports
- Type agreements, draft correspondence, emails, etc; proofread documents with high degree of accuracy; operate standard office equipment
- Create and maintain attorney files and other OCLO files
- Communicate daily on behalf of the OCLO with PBS senior staff, outside counsel, station representatives, general public, and various other professionals
- Screen and route telephone calls and answer requests of a routine nature
- Assist OCLO team members in maintaining trademark prosecution files, applications, registrations, specimens of use and search.
- Provide back-up administrative support as needed for other members of the OCLO
- Oversee the inventory of office supplies and equipment for the OCLO;
- Refine organization of department files, as needed
- Perform certain office-wide function as assigned, including sharing lunchtime phone coverage schedule with other OCLO team members and additional assistance with mailings to the PBS Board of Directors
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success:
- 3+ years of administrative experience
- High school graduate or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or legal secretarial training strongly preferred
- Experience supporting several attorneys preferred
- Legal secretarial experience preferred
- Strong proficiency with PC-based software, including Outlook, Word and Excel; experience with PowerPoint a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to keep track of phone calls, e-mails, correspondence, travel, reports, files, etc.
- Team oriented and flexible
- High degree of initiative and ability to take charge/lead without day-to-day supervision
- Flexibility and diplomacy – including the ability to work closely with all levels of management
- Ability to use good judgment and provide excellent customer service in all dealings with internal and external contacts, even in high stress situations
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to plan, problem solve, and prioritize several assignments at the same time
- Maintain confidentiality of work in the OCLO
- Strong typing skills
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities