Social Media Manager
- Full Time
Social Media Manager
Location: New York
Salary: $60,000 per annum
Closing date: Open until filled
Social Media Manager – The Role
As an expert in social media this role with a major international animal welfare organisation is a unique platform for your skills. You will be responsible for collaborating with colleagues to create original text and video content, manage posts and respond to followers to position our organization and programs in a consistent way to achieve a lasting impact for animals.
As a social media manager, you will be up-to-date on the latest social media trends and digital technologies and possess superior communication skills.
You will build our audience and increase engagement of our programs in the United States and around the world through the development of engaging and inspiring content.
Social Media Manager – Roles and Responsibilities
- Work across departments to develop digital marketing and communications content, raising awareness of our campaigns and mobilizing our online community to become donors and supporters.
- Manage, plan and implement social media strategy for the U.S. office across multiple platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube).
- Lead digital influencer outreach and maintain influencer relationships.
- Assist program staff with creation/maintenance of social media accounts to build World Animal Protection’s digital presence.
- Perform ongoing analysis, monitoring and reporting of efforts on social media.
- Recommend new platforms or enhancements to existing platforms.
- Manage budget in accordance with World Animal Protection’s financial procedures and local governance regulations.
- Plan and execute delivery of online content including emails, websites, blogs, videos and e-newsletters with digital marketing manager.
Social Media Manager – Requirements
- Proven track record of managing social media accounts.
- Three or more years social media management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Organised and able to produce accurate monitoring and reporting
- Love of animals and ability to communicate about animal welfare issues.
- Non-profit experience highly desired.
How to Apply
If you want to be part of our dynamic organisation and help us move the world to protect animals then please send us a copy of your CV, salary expectation and cover/motivation letters addressing your skills and experience relative to the role
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we will not be acknowledging receipt of your application. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
World Animal Protection is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the advertised location at the time of application or be in the process of securing right to work in the advertised location.
Who are we?
We are World Animal Protection.
For over 50 years we have moved the world to protect animals.
We protect animals because we believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
We stop the exploitation of wild animals for entertainment and profit. We protect pets and working animals in communities across the globe. We campaign for better farm animal welfare and fight against factory farming. We also help animals when disaster strikes.
Our vision is a world where animals live free from suffering. We are working to help people to see how important animals are to all of us.
We are determined to influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda and inspire people to change animals’ lives for the better. Today we’re working on projects to end animal suffering by helping governments and communities to protect and care for their animals.
Why Work for us?
We move the world to protect animals globally but there are many other reasons to join our organisation. We are a truly global organisation with offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, India, Kenya, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, Thailand, UK and USA. We employ over 380 people globally covering campaigns, media, fundraising, operations, finance, administration and human resources.
As well as competitive employee benefits we want our employees to grow with us and build their careers within World Animal Protection and therefore encourage internal applications. We have a strong track record of offering existing staff promotions as well as secondments and position changes within the organisation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year