Graphic Designer / Production Artist
- Full Time
The Los Angeles Business Journal is seeking a talented and versatile Graphic Designer/Production Artist to join our team. Supporting the editorial, sales and events departments this role will design and prep files for both print and digital platforms, embrace deadlines and be able to change priorities with ease. We are a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants with prior experience at a weekly or daily print publication are preferred. Local candidates only please.
What you'll be doing:
- Help lay out the weekly LABJ issue, as well as its bi-weekly sister publication, the San Fernando Business Journal, and any additional signature publications
- Design client ads and house ads for both print and web, and classified sections for publications
- Photo retouching, color correction and other types of photo manipulation
- Assist in upload and online proofing of publications
- Upload of digital editions to website using both our backend CMS as well as html.
- Archive issues, images, and custom content for future use
- Update marketing and events collateral as needed including print ads, web ads, signage and web pages
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of production graphic design (in-house experience in a professional environment) working with a team (graphic designers and other departments) producing both print and digital content
- Proficient in the latest Adobe CC Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Mac platform
- Experience working within brand guidelines and using templates, style sheets and master pages
- Detail-oriented (notice inconsistencies and misaligned items)
- Knowledge of the printing and production processes for both print and digital
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Maintain high standards of quality for final deliverables
Considered one of the most well-respected business publications in the country, the award-winning Los Angeles Business Journal delivers a one-of-a-kind product to the elite executives of Los Angeles. Through the weekly printed publication, digital assets and targeted business events throughout the year, the Los Angeles Business Journal provides invaluable information and access to those making an impact on business throughout the region.
To apply, please send resume and portfolio link to email@example.com.