Designer, Licensed and Proprietary Brand Marketing at Random House Children’s Books
The Random House Children’s Publishing Group seeks a designer to join their licensed and proprietary brand marketing design team in a high achieving, collaborative environment. The immense portfolio of brands this team manages includes widely popular licenses such as Disney, Nickelodeon, and Sesame Street, along with classic children’s literature favorites like Dr. Seuss, Little Golden Books, The Berenstain Bears, Richard Scarry, Magic Tree House, and Junie B. Jones and more. This position is for a designer with a passion for artistic variety—from print to digital projects, from baby to young adult categories, and from nostalgic to contemporary sensibilities. The candidate’s projects will vary, working with highly crafted licensed style guides as well as innovative creative projects. Project designs will be used for social and print advertising campaigns, website developments, and retail promotional materials, to name just a few. The ideal candidate will impart their unique viewpoint to develop creative design solutions that engage consumers and advance business while having a positive impact on young minds.
* Conceptualize, experiment, and execute the design development of campaigns without losing sight of our brand strategy and consumer focus. Projects categories include print collateral and advertisements, logos, event kits, merchandising displays, convention materials, banner ads, and social, email, and blog assets.
* Create physical prototypes of design concepts by hand and computer for sell in purposes.
* Ensure that quality, brand standards, and consistency are maintained throughout the entire creative process and adhere to deadlines.
* Have strong communication skills and accept project direction from design directors and marketing staff.
* Amplify, edit, and resize existing campaign assets for use on multiple platforms.
* Maintain project tracking records for assigned campaigns.
* Create, prepare, and maintain project files in accordance with our digital standards.
* Support brand team designers on campaigns as needed.
* Collect and coordinate delivery of assets to sales and freelancers as requested.
* Research and acquire illustrations and photographs for use on marketing materials.
* Contribute to seasonal and project-based campaign brainstorming.
* Three to five years design experience, preferably with brand-focused design targeting families
* The ability to design within an established brand identity, while pushing the direction forward
* Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects.
* Good communication skills and the ability to prioritize projects and work autonomously and collaboratively with marketers, copywriters, designers, and other project partners
* Experience with four-color printing/pre-press file preparation and digital web assets
* Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat a must
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, After Effect, and Adobe Animate a plus
To apply, please submit your portfolio and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.