Part-Time Newsletter Editor - Boutique Strategy Firm
- Part Time
Part-time editor needed to produce a weekly newsletter analyzing local media and related state and federal regulatory policy. Editor will manage a team of researchers who will scan the week’s news, both national and state-specific, to produce a contemporaneous draft analysis of emerging trends. Editor will be responsible for refining these drafts into a detailed weekly digest.
The ideal candidate will have general knowledge of the United States tech industry, as well as a working awareness of the state of public policy shifts that will affect that industry.
The audience for this subscription publication will be principals whose companies or industries may be impacted by federal and/or state regulatory scrutiny, rather than the general public.
Work will pay well for relatively little time each week to start, with the potential of more as/if the enterprise grows.
Preferably based in New York or Washington, but not necessary.
- Communications professional with editing experience
- 5+ years in a related role at a digital publisher; people management experience a plus
- Proactive in ensuring that deadlines are met and any logistical issues are known and managed
- Design and assemble weekly newsletter and distribute among subscribers
- Manage team of 5 to 6 people monitoring daily news throughout the week and writing first drafts
- Identify trends and emerging issues/topics of interest
- Work with in-house team to analyze and explain emerging issues/topics of interest