Marketing Manager - Published Products
- Full Time
Marketing Manager, Published Products
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily) is the oldest and fastest-growing producer of B2B news, analysis, trade shows and conferences serving executives, entrepreneurs and major investors in the $14 billion global cannabis and hemp industries. Founded in 2011, MJBizDaily has been on the Inc. 500 and 5000 lists for the past three years. Among its many offerings, the company produces the industry’s largest B2B trade show, MJBizCon, which attracted over 27,000 attendees in 2018 and has received numerous awards for its unprecedented growth.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our expanding marketing team and lead the strategic and tactical marketing efforts for our published products (print and digital), including MJBizDaily, Hemp Daily, MJBiz International, and our industry leading annual Factbooks.
In this role you will develop and execute marketing campaigns across our portfolio and will provide post campaign analysis to ensure we continually learn and improve. You should be well-versed and able to develop and implement magazine/publishing marketing best practices online and at events. The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing various projects and products simultaneously and works with various internal departments and cross-functional teams.
You will bring innovation and thought leadership resulting in robust marketing initiatives that ultimately elevate the brands and increase company revenue. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, organization, and strong communication skills.
Previous marketing experience in a publishing setting is a must.
You will be based in our Lakewood office (with a gym and café in the building) and receive a competitive salary, paid time off, a 401(k) with an automatic annual company contribution and health benefits. We offer a great work-life balance including a generous time-off policy and flexible work schedule. You will thrive in this fast-paced environment if you are collaborative, a team player, innovative and eager to learn one of the most rapidly growing and changing industries in the U.S.
Here at MJBizDaily we like what we do, and who we do it with.
What we’re looking for you to do:
• Develop and execute marketing plans for all publishing projects in collaboration with our editorial team.
• Work with Vice President, Marketing to develop strategy, tactics, and messaging for existing, new, and backlist products.
• Develop a robust inbound marketing funnel – including campaigns spanning social media, email, our websites, PPC, and events.
• Meet agreed-upon subscriber targets for magazines and newsletters, and revenue targets for Factbooks.
• Create sales enablement materials to enable presentation of new products and marketing campaigns as required.
• Partner with event Marketing Managers to ensure marketing strategies and activities are consistent across brands, and that any materials relating to published products which are required for events are created and executed on time.
• Work with Marketing Analytics team to develop and measure effective marketing campaigns and provide return-on-investment metrics and reports.
• Develop a deep understanding of our target personas and competitors.
• Work with the Creative Services team to deliver graphic and copy assets which demonstrate deep persona and competitive positioning understanding.
• Work with Marketing Analytics team to create audience development strategies that support subscriber and revenue growth goals.
Required experience and skill sets:
- Must have experience working in a publishing environment
- 6+ years total marketing experience. 2+ years’ experience marketing to a business professional audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field.
- Clear understanding of the content development, and publishing industries
- Hands-on experience managing modern integrated digital marketing technologies and best practices.
- Able to manage multiple projects and work with multiple teams including editorial, creative services, and sales.
- Extensive ability to develop, manage, and report on results of digital marketing campaigns, including digital marketing platforms and systems such as Eloqua.
- Experience creating written marketing plans.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Ability to set up and manage projects using a project management system such as Basecamp, Asana, or similar tool.
- Experience developing inbound landing pages and forms.
- Data- and detail-oriented with a thirst to understand why campaigns did or didn’t work, demonstrating tenacity and proactivity to course correct as necessary.
- Experience managing and hiring direct reports is a plus.
What you’ll get from us:
· A competitive salary with health benefits, 401(k) and generous paid time off benefits
· A crucial role in a fun and rapidly growing environment
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. Anne Holland Ventures Inc. is a woman-owned, Inc. 500 business and an equal opportunity employer.