PR Account Executive
- Full Time
Purpose of this Role
As a full-time Account Executive, you will support a multi-faceted health communications account and act as the task lead on a range of communications campaigns and materials.
You will support the Project Director by implementing communications strategies, developing materials and providing and presenting recommendations to the client. You will have a focus on audience engagement, cultural responsiveness and clear calls to action. You will assist in managing project work plans and reporting, as well as ensure client deliverables are kept on time, of high quality and within budget.
Other client work may include developing executive communications materials, providing digital strategy counsel, and/or co-leading various communications planning efforts.
This opportunity provides you with the ability to expand your knowledge of the many facets of strategy and content development with nonprofit and government clients whose missions align with social change. You will gain experience in client management, budgeting, team management and problem solving while building and managing communications projects that have a far-reaching impact on the DC community.
Highlights and Responsibilities
- Work closely with clients and team members to ensure final work products and contract deliverables exceed client expectations.
- Provide day-to-day support and quality oversight across all aspects of work.
- Ensure that our clients experience our highest level of customer service and all deliverables are clear, concise and timely.
- Provide integrated, strategic communications support for the development of communication plans, campaigns and materials.
- Develop culturally responsive communications campaigns and materials for underserved populations.
- Work closely with the design and editorial team to develop creative approaches to health communications materials.
- Write and edit content for a variety of audiences at various reading levels using multiple communication platforms (e.g., web content, outreach products, social media content, print materials).
- Work on-site for the client two days per week.
- Conduct research on health campaigns and initiatives to help inform the writing and creation of materials for the client.
- Contribute to other client and corporate initiatives as requested and/or needed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual who loves communications in all its evolving forms. Ideally, our new team member has experience in public health campaigns and materials for underserved populations. Other experience should include:
- Developing communications materials, including web content outreach products, social media content and print materials.
- Ability to write for various stakeholders.
- Coordinating the development of communications materials in close partnership with graphic designers.
- Juggling competing demands and shifting priorities in a calm and productive manner.
- Meeting client needs and deliverables in a timely manner and being responsive to requests from the client.
- Understanding of strategic communications planning.
- Writing and editing materials for a fifth to sixth grade reading level.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the public relations/communications field.